• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Especially after we resign Dano to an overpriced contract that Habs fans will say is good then regret it 10 games in.
WTF are you talking about? RNH just signed a $5M deal, he’s over a 0.8 PPG player. Danault will not get anymore than $4M, may get 5-6 year term but not more than a $500K - $1M raise

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about? RNH just signed a $5M deal, he’s over a 0.8 PPG player. Danault will not get anymore than $4M, may get 5-6 year term but not more than a $500K - $1M raise

I think we need a big improvement at C and don't want to be locked into an all defensive player for 5-6 years at 4m/yr who is untradeable. If RNH got 5, PD is worth 3, no? And he already turned down a 5m a year deal, so who knows what we are going to do.

Last edited:
I think we need a big improvement at C and don't want to be locked into an all defensive player for 5-6 years at 4m/yr who is untradeable. If RNH got 5, PD is worth 3, no? And he already turned down a 5m a year deal, so who knows what we are going to do.
Obviously I'd love to land an elite offensive C... but with Suzuki, KK, Danault and Evans down the middle we're in good shape there.

Obviously I'd love to land an elite offensive C... but with Suzuki, KK, Danault and Evans down the middle we're in good shape there.

Good shape? Your 2nd/3rd line Cs are probably 5-10G scorers each which sucks hard, and on a very low scoring team, you need to improve.

Good shape? Your 2nd/3rd line Cs are probably 5-10G scorers each which sucks hard, and on a very low scoring team, you need to improve.
How many teams do you think have a better set of centres than us?

I'm hopeful that our 20 and 21 year old kids will improve too.

RNH gave the Oilers a hometown discount in exchange for longer term that he probably wouldn't have got elsewhere.

4-4.5M is his value as it is mentioned in this article, by refusing 5, he didn't do himself a favor. and his little offensive left on him will get worst. The guy can't even shoot the puck, hand of 14 years old kid..

Back