• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Gourde is a role who compliments stars and produces in the playoffs

6.5 mil for what Gally will be is an albatross , he doesn’t have anything in the tank to complete 6 more years
Just put in in your fucking signature already. Save yourself the fucking keystrokes.

I will not be happy of MB does not offer Corey Perry a contract. Next year looks rough but he's a player I enjoy watching play. He deserves it. If I'm going to watch geriatrics, at least give me players that are entertaining. Getzlaf this summer?

Suzuki-Cole-Romanov-Bust-Evans.....that's a nice core going forward....it's not Crosby-Malkin-MacKinnon-Rantanen, but still not bad

Kulak is also still on the younger side, so i'm sure they will keep him as depth
Suzuki definitely has Bergeron type potential.
Cole might be tough to find a comparable for. If he puts on some muscle he could be a very effective little guy like a Marchand or even "just" a Marchessault. With more goal scoring of course.
Romanov could be a Petry type.
KK has big upside too... he's not even 21 yet.
Evans is hard to project. I don't see him being more than a very good 3rd line 2 way guy. Maybe 10g 35p. Maybe a Danault on the high end.

Cole might be tough to find a comparable for. If he puts on some muscle he could be a very effective little guy like a Marchand or even "just" a Marchessault. With more goal scoring of course.
Evans is hard to project. I don't see him being more than a very good 3rd line 2 way guy. Maybe 10g 35p. Maybe a Danault on the high end.
If Cole can bulk up he's got Marty St. Louis written all over him.

Nick ..... Bergeron lite but needs to get stronger and tougher defensively

Cole ..... DaBrincat ......better skater and playmaker .....30-40 goals every year

Romanov ..... TJ Brodie with less offence

KK ....we need 50-60 points ....I see a Mikael Backlund type ........needs to get stronger
Next year has to be breakout year with consistency but regime needs to put him in a role to succeed

Evans ....our shutdown Kuraly .....every team needs a reliable 4C

KK is stuck on a team that won't afford him time to play through the motions...not when Bergy goes all-in....

KK needs to be put on 2nd line C spot, and you live with his mistakes. Yes, NHL is not a developmental league, but for KK it is because the Habs have decided it was

KK is stuck on a team that won't afford him time to play through the motions...not when Bergy goes all-in....

KK needs to be put on 2nd line C spot, and you live with his mistakes. Yes, NHL is not a developmental league, but for KK it is because the Habs have decided it was
Playoffs are time to try & win, not for development...KK will have plenty of time to get stronger & develop going forward

the thing is KK in over staal makes a lot of sense

gives that fourth line a big boost in terms of skill and armia and KK has shown some chemistry in the past

Excellent point

the thing is KK in over staal makes a lot of sense

gives that fourth line a big boost in terms of skill and armia and KK has shown some chemistry in the past
KK has been getting pushed off the puck way too easily. The Staal 4th line at present is the only Habs line able to cycle the puck down low in the TBay zone - that’s their one weakness, the can be worn down by cycling by getting their D to exert themselves protecting their zone

Back