• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Evans needs to be in the lineup. Someone else would have to go and it won't be Staal. DD trusts him to not make mistakes and he rarely does. Of course when he does its a doozy

Playoffs are time to try & win, not for development...KK will have plenty of time to get stronger & develop going forward
the thing is KK in over staal makes a lot of sense

gives that fourth line a big boost in terms of skill and armia and KK has shown some chemistry in the past
KK has been getting pushed off the puck way too easily. The Staal 4th line at present is the only Habs line able to cycle the puck down low in the TBay zone - that’s their one weakness, the can be worn down by cycling by getting their D to exert themselves protecting their zone

I was talking about next season going forward.....not these playoffs.....

No player should expect to play every playoff game unless his name is Price. It takes all hands on deck to do this. KK has played most games during this run and should it go beyond tonight he may yet play again. But him sitting out is no big deal.

Crazy weekend coming up.....

Copa America final Saturday night (Brazil-Argentina, Messi-Neymar)
Wimbledon final Sunday morning (either Federer-Djoko, or maybe one or two Canadians will make the Finals !!!)
Euro final Sunday afternoon
Habs-Tampa Game 7 Sunday evening
Bucks-Sun Sunday evening

Wimbledon final Sunday morning (either Federer-Djoko, or maybe one or two Canadians will make the Finals !!!)
Bucks-Sun Sunday evening
Federer needs to retire... his time has passed; same as Serena!
But yes, it's a fun sportive weekend.

Bucks-Sun Sunday evening

Joker wins this one

I can't believe anyone would want to dump Chiarot after the post injury run he just had. It's not pretty with him but ask any team if they would take him. I would actually extend him tis off season to align with Edmondson's contract/

I can't believe anyone would want to dump Chiarot after the post injury run he just had. It's not pretty with him but ask any team if they would take him. I would actually extend him tis off season to align with Edmondson's contract/

highly doubt he will be extended with us

Why?

We need to wait for the 21st to see who we are losing. Habs can only protect 4 D.

Romanov, Weber (ugh), Edmundson and Petry.

Who of those four would you expose to retain Chiarot? No way they're trading their captain after a cup run. Optics are terrible.

Why?

We need to wait for the 21st to see who we are losing. Habs can only protect 4 D.

Who of those four would you expose to retain Chiarot? No way they're trading their captain after a cup run. Optics are terrible.
Romanov doesn’t need to be protected

Why?

Exactly , brutal optics

I think Romy is exempt from the E draft ???

Why?

Would we really need to bother protecting the likes of Price or Weber? Seattle isn't going to touch those contracts. We should be so lucky.

Back