• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Give him the job , Paquette has no future with us
Last time we gave a youngster a spot without earning it, we got stuck screwing up KK’s development.

Poehling has to show he can stick. It’s one thing to be a good youngster but coaches favour vets over you (like Romanov being benched for no reason in favour of vets), it’s another thing to be guaranteed a spot but you’re not ready yet (Poehling has to earn it)

Where is Gallagher? Hoffman, Weber, Byron injured.

Some of these young guys have roster spots that can be had (or more ice time gained). If they don't then we have organizational issues. I am talking Evans, Romanov, Poehling, Norlinder and others who have an outside chance.
Been out due to a family illness, was supposed to skate for the first time yesterday.

Last time we gave a youngster a spot without earning it, we got stuck screwing up KK’s development.

Poehling has to show he can stick. It’s one thing to be a good youngster but coaches favour vets over you (like Romanov being benched for no reason in favour of vets), it’s another thing to be guaranteed a spot but you’re not ready yet (Poehling has to earn it)

BS , we got injuries upfront

Paquette is a filler until he is cut after the season

He paid his dues in Laval and has the size and strength we need

The entire team played like shit on Saturday , and he played with slugs

This isnt a KK rushed to the NHL situation , this is ridiculous now

Calling the Habs solidly meh is very generous.
It's the Price caveat that made me laugh. He basically said were entrenched in fifth which is like true barring injuries to other teams etc but by inserting the caveats it became "maybe". In other words the Habs may be the most difficult team to handicap after their cup run. Could finish bottom 5, could finish in the playoffs. Who knows.

Tequila binge last night ?
Nope - no NHL team has the pressure going into this season as the Leafs... I expect them to not handle it well, implode & miss the playoffs as a result

Boston will be a weak non-playoff team this year, Krejci & Rask not being there will hurt big time.

TBay will also scale it back, make the playoffs but not runaway with the division.

Habs will be significantly improved on PP & 3-on-3 OT, which should net significant points 6-8 minimum. Habs have a freebie first 10-games of the season per the schedule - which will be good news

Obviously all bets are off of the team is completely decimated due to injury.

Last edited:
I'm also as confident as you...everyone has already written them off.

They will do much better than what people are predicting
Who's everyone?

I think they finish fourth with Boston finally missing again. Not sold on Ullmark.

Nope - no NHL team has the pressure going into this season as the Leafs... I expect them to not handle it well, implode & miss the playoffs as a result

Dude. You're not supposed to drink the hookah water.
Boston will be a weak non-playoff team this year, Krejci & Rask not being there will hurt big time.
I think they miss too.
TBay will also scale it back, make the playoffs but not runaway with the division.
They're still a great team.
Habs will be significantly improved on PP & 3-on-3 OT, which should net significant points 6-8 minimum. Habs have a freebie first 10-games of the season.
Yup, and lose 5-4.

Habs will be significantly improved on PP & 3-on-3 OT, which should net significant points 6-8 minimum. Habs have a freebie first 10-games of the season per the schedule - which will be good news

Bruins may have 1 year left before the retool / gut job begins

I do expect some surprises with the 82 game schedule and revamped rosters

For the Habs to be relevant we will need career years and an above average Price

My concern is the D which is terrible IMO

Back