• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Edging 2 of Toronto, Boston, Tampa and Florida will be difficult. I think Boston is the weakest of that lot.

Plus we always struggle against Ottawa and Detroit. The X factor for me is whether Ducharme with a full training camp can make a difference.

It's the Price caveat that made me laugh. He basically said were entrenched in fifth which is like true barring injuries to other teams etc but by inserting the caveats it became "maybe". In other words the Habs may be the most difficult team to handicap after their cup run. Could finish bottom 5, could finish in the playoffs. Who knows.
I don't think they're at all difficult to handicap. All you have to do is toss the fluke playoff run that only happened at all because of Covid and you'll see the same team that wasn't good enough 2 years ago and still isn't, just with a few different names. They should get a bubble tea company to sponsor them on their jerseys because that's all they are: a bubble team.

Edging 2 of Toronto, Boston, Tampa and Florida will be difficult. I think Boston is the weakest of that lot.

Plus we always struggle against Ottawa and Detroit. The X factor for me is whether Ducharme with a full training camp can make a difference.

Is Price ready to go or day to day or AKA as week to week and no sure

Dom Dom will be a Jack Adams nominee this season IMO
Are Price & Allen going to be better than .901 & .907 save % goalies?

As usual, this team, and this applies to a bunch of teams accross the NHL, will go as far Price/Allen go.

Are Price & Allen going to be better than .901 & .907 save % goalies?

As usual, this team, and this applies to a bunch of teams accross the NHL, will go as far Price/Allen go.
In the regular season they’ll go as far Suzuki and Caufield take them. They’re the only elite talents on the team.

We won't be as bad as many think. We will benefit from far less travel this year than last. You cannot really judge the teams from last year given they played the same 6 or 7 all year. We also won't have a 2 week wuhan break and then 18 games in 31 days.

Back