• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

For that reason, I would trade the 1st rounder for either a young recently drafted player (Lafreniere) or part of a package for an Elias Petersson, assuming of course that Van & NYR are willing to

BTW - Gord Miller was saying yesterday scouts have been telling him in the next two drafts there are no NHL ready talents ready to step in as 18-year olds and make a difference
That wouldn't be in any way surprising, really. They lost a full year in Ontario, with tons of players losing a bunch of ice time all across the world.

It's a shit draft anyway. The #1 overall pick is projected to be a solid 2nd line center, big whoppity-woo.
That's why the Habs have to be creative at the draft, they already have a 2nd line centre that they have locked up for a long time for lots of moolah.

That's why the Habs have to be creative at the draft, they already have a 2nd line centre that they have locked up for a long time for lots of moolah.

Make smart decisions , not another patch crap

Keep adding to the asset pool

If the best we get is a solid second liner , that’s fine

2/3 of this team is gone in 3 years , need players

Per TSN 690, Price, Weber and Edmundson are scheduled for meetings with Hughes. Should be interesting to see what the fallout will be , if details are shared with press.

Gentleman .....where do you want to eventually get traded to
robidasisland1.jpg

Per TSN 690, Price, Weber and Edmundson are scheduled for meetings with Hughes. Should be interesting to see what the fallout will be , if details are shared with press.
Hughes will tell them the direction they're going in and give them the option to retire, stay or get traded. Well Price and Weber will get that courtesy anyway.

Edmundson is day to day — has been for months
Same with Price.
Never seen a team call in sick as much as these Habs

can we just fold for a month and pretend we’re an expansion team?

Edmundson is day to day — has been for months
Same with Price.
Never seen a team call in sick as much as these Habs

can we just fold for a month and pretend we’re an expansion team?

You mean an Seattle-like expansion team? Because i know of another one that is doing much better.

Like Seattle?
I don’t have this blind faith in Gorton as being the amateur draft panacea as many do I guess, his NYR history of drafting & development mirrors the Habs over last 40-years.

Like TTs 2007 draft, Gorton’s 2006 draft looks like an outlier as well.

Back