• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Savard's fine by default, as long as he's graded on a very large curve.

He's playing so much simply because there's quite literally nobody else to play on the right. Matheson's coming back tomorrow and is probably going to play on the right of Edmundson.

It's very far from being ideal.

He's playing so much simply because there's quite literally nobody else to play on the right. Matheson's coming back tomorrow and is probably going to play on the right of Edmundson.

Does it matter, though? Despite Sal’s Rose fueled delusions, we’re at least 2-3 years from really competing for anything. Savard, Matheson and maybe even Edmundson are just place holders.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter at all. By the time this team is actually good, at least half the d-men on the roster right now are going to be gone.

Savard's there to mentor and teach.

Matheson plays left though.

It doesn't matter at all. By the time this team is actually good, at least half the d-men on the roster right now are going to be gone.

Savard's there to mentor and teach.
He’s doing his job, mentoring and teaching. Coaches and players respects him.

i don’t disagree but who’s Guhle’s partner? And who logs the most ice time? He’s been playing way above his slot and he’s been a warrior. I don’t get the hate.
I don’t hate him other than his contract , he is a 5/6 on most teams

I don’t hate him other than his contract , he is a 5/6 on most teams
You have asked for a rebuild for 15 years then complain in the middle of it. Relax. If the player wasn't brought in by HuGo then he likely isn't part of the plan if he's not under 25 so grab another beer and wait.

Does it matter, though? Despite Sal’s Rose fueled delusions, we’re at least 2-3 years from really competing for anything. Savard, Matheson and maybe even Edmundson are just place holders.
Not sure what delusions you refer to? I’ve never talked about “competing for anything”, only historical fact that 80% of teams in playoff position @ US Thanksgiving remain there at seasons end.

Facts are Habs currently rank 20OA, 3-pts back of a playoff spot w game in hand over NYR, and I’ll maintain my offseason prediction Habs will end season 11-17OA

Back