• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

very little of this makes any sense

sean burke is an external hire...no?

and burning through 3 goalie coaches....lol
I read somewhere on Twitter that Burke was already a consultant for the Habs but yeah, his comments are a stretch.

I read somewhere on Twitter that Burke was already a consultant for the Habs but yeah, his comments are a stretch.
letting MB spend like a drunken sailor all off season and then a few weeks later not letting him hire external coaches would be so stupid...even for your hero Molson

letting MB spend like a drunken sailor all off season and then a few weeks later not letting him hire external coaches would be so stupid...even for your hero Molson
No it sounds about right for the team that played almost $10m below the cap in recent years. All these guys still have contracts and it’s apparent Bergevin was given the ok to remodel as long as it was with Home Depot parts.

equipment changes 4 years ago?

what were they, i do not remember
3-years ago...or about the time Price started needing constant resets. Is that mere coincidence or more?

McGuire was saying lots of GMs were complaining Price’s hockey pants were too oversized forcing that change as well.

Price was always known for being impenetrable for goals down low because he covered the entire net, so shooters always tried to go high blocker or glove side - but over last 3-years he’s been giving up lots of goals (when he struggles) down low either in between his stick & his right thigh, or in between his two thighs while in butterfly position (Tkachuk one hander & NT goals last week).

Going from oversized pants to the downsized ones force Price to reinvent his down low approach which he’s likely been using for 15+ years and ingrained into his style....that adaptation has been seemingly difficult in a game of inches

There’s no $ coming in even for big market teams - everyone is being hurt financially for a gate driven league. Bruins have quietly gutted their scouting staff as have NYR

Pro scout and goaltending consultant. I think what’s important to highlight is Burke will report to GM as Dir of Goaltending not the head coach as Waite was

MB just said there is a process being started by appointing Sean Burke Director of Goaltending. So expect a goalie coach to be hired at some point with Burke overseeing the entire organization's goaltending. Probably similar to how Fla, Isles etc..have structured things.

Cammalieri situation again? This isn’t how Canadiens org, who prides itself on class conducts itself...

There’s no $ coming in even for big market teams - everyone is being hurt financially for a gate driven league. Bruins have quietly gutted their scouting staff as have NYR

Scouts and support staff don't make a ton of money

Simply don't pay JE 3.5 mil , problem solved

Teams have a ton of shit contracts to meh players but the key peeps who draft the sleeper get squeezed

Teams have a ton of shit contracts to meh players but the key peeps who draft the sleeper get squeezed
Optics - downsizing players is seen by fans, downsizing administrators is out of sight...

Do you ever propose viable solutions?

Lots of (silly) conspiracy theories here this morning. Dom was the heir apparent/coach in waiting to Clode when he was hired in 2018. Price needs a new set of eyes/new voice after 8 years with Waite, that’s obvious. My son changes his swimming coach every 3-4 years for that reason and he’s obviously not on 31’s level. Coaches get stale after a while.

Lots of (silly) conspiracy theories here this morning. Dom was the heir apparent/coach in waiting to Clode when he was hired in 2018. Price needs a new set of eyes/new voice after 8 years with Waite, that’s obvious. My son changes his swimming coach every 3-4 years for that reason and he’s obviously not on 31’s level. Coaches get stale after a while.
There’s only one thing to do with stale coaches...

Make stew.

finances matter
so good on the habs for giving DD a raise (bruins didnt with cassidy when he we made head coach)

Back