• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Lots of (silly) conspiracy theories here this morning. Dom was the heir apparent/coach in waiting to Clode when he was hired in 2018. Price needs a new set of eyes/new voice after 8 years with Waite, that’s obvious. My son changes his swimming coach every 3-4 years for that reason and he’s obviously not on 31’s level. Coaches get stale after a while.
yep

different world i know but tiger in his prime changed coaches so that seems the most obvious answer

I don't get this notion that Price is a coach killer.

Roland Melanson went to Vancouver after getting let go here, didn't have much success. Left there & went to New Joizy, no success there either. But I'm sure that's Price's fault.

Pierre Groulx is in Ottawa now, anyone think he's been doing a massive difference? But I'm sure that's Price's fault too.

Goalie coaches come and go, and unless even the best (Mitch Korn) change jobs.

I don't see this as a big deal. Waite will get a job somewhere else.

Firing him in-between periods, though, I find that to be a desperation move. It's like with Julien, this isn't something he decided just now. He's been thinking about it for a while now. Was it just finding a worthy replacement? Who knows...

The Charlatan knows he's cooked if they miss the playoffs, something that seemed inconceivable a month ago.

Yeah he’s on thin ice for sure with these moves. I don’t even think a first round exit saves him. He needs to go deeper in the playoffs.

Yeah he’s on thin ice for sure with these moves. I don’t even think a first round exit saves him. He needs to go deeper in the playoffs.
Depends. If they play like they did last year and lose in 7 games to Toronto or Winnipeg, he has plenty of excuses. Covid, good team, one or two bad bounces, etc. If they lose in 4 or 5 games, though? Yeah, I don't see how he survives that.

He has no viable reason to be kept around if they finish behind Calgary. Playoffs are going to be 4 of Toronto-Winterpeg-Deadmonton-Calgary-Montreal, and I'd argue only Toronto has a really good team out of those. The rest...

It’s really weird. It’s like Bergy has a dream and woke up and fired Waite. So random is the explanation.

Back