• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

This season yes, but this is Reilly first good season at 27 and he's UFA at the end of the year so they can always resign him if they wanted to. It gives them a chance to try out Mete, who's 22, for the rest of the season. They're not making the playoffs this year so this sort of asset management makes sense for them.
To see what?

They have seen enough of Mete, he is not NHL defender.

Habs don't trust him. He'll get plenty of ice time in Ottawa and maybe a much needed confidence boost. Habs ruined him bit mayne the Sens can salvage what's left of him.
He was a 4th rounder (iirc) that was forced into the nhl too young. Honestly he should be breaking into the league right about now.

I mean Romanov is 21 (Jan baby) let's hope we didn't mess with him as well or get mad he isn't a top 4 dman at 22

He was a 4th rounder (iirc) that was forced into the nhl too young. Honestly he should be breaking into the league right about now.

I mean Romanov is 21 (Jan baby) let's hope we didn't mess with him as well or get mad he isn't a top 4 dman at 22
A top 4 D even at young age usually don't play that long on bottom pairing.
This is like playing a scorer prospect on 4th for quite some time.
Mete will never be a top 4.
We can blame Habs as much as we want but it is not by developing him better he would have became a next Petry. He wouldn't....

A top 4 D even at young age usually don't play that long on bottom pairing.
This is like playing a scorer prospect on 4th for quite some time.
Mete will never be a top 4.
We can blame Habs as much as we want but it is not by developing him better he would have became a next Petry. He wouldn't....
Exactly, he should have been playing in the minors or the farm team, not the bottom pair. The NHL is not a development league.

what happened was Bergy assembled a putrid roster and they super rushed Mete, even playing him with Weber for long stretches early on

I am not saying Mete will amount to much (given his obvious limitations) but it's a no lose move by the Sens

It did not help that they had also traded Sergachev for Drouin during the offseaon prior to Mete's first season with the Habs. Almost like, they kept Mete up with the big club rather than send him back to London so they could justify trading a top LHD prospect for a winger because they had Mete and he was "NHL ready"

It did not help that they had also traded Sergachev for Drouin during the offseaon prior to Mete's first season with the Habs. Almost like, they kept Mete up with the big club rather than send him back to London so they could justify trading a top LHD prospect for a winger because they had Mete and he was "NHL ready"
I think you're giving them too much credit.

The Charlatan has demonstrated for close to a decade that prospect development means little to nothing for him. Lefebvre pissed away nearly a decade worth of prospects, so much so that the only prospects we drafted during his time that made the league were the ones that didn't pass through the AHL.

Galchenyuk was rushed, Mete was rushed, KK was rushed, Romanov is being rushed. Notice a trend? They're all players (centers or LHD) that are playing in the organization's weak spots.

Yeah, teams has forever been stuck in a compete for playoffs mode and with so many holes on the roster that they've been rushing or trading any half decent prospect that they had.

That being said, i don't think they rushed Romanov but you could argue that he could have benefitted from a few AHL games before making the jump. I'm kinda impressed that they didn't rush Caufield.

I think it would have done wonders for Romanov to play at least a little in the AHL to start. Romanov wasn't a world beater or some super, can't-miss prospect.

But when your third & fourth options at LHD are Mete & Ouellet? Welp, come on up, Romy...

Back