• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Yes its a funny league. What brings success is the regular season doesn't necessarily translate to success in the playoffs. Its a fine balancing act.
Exactly Alan

Its no different than the Leafs with Hyman

He is a nice fit with them but some middling team overpaying and overvaluing him is a mistake

Need to draw the line with role player compensation

I haven't been since 2019 , but couldn't find a decent place

My buddies from Kirkland and St. Leonard said many of the mom/pop shops have closed down
After the provincial government made it too difficult to launder money through casse croutes and pizza joints a lot of them closed down.

B&M Pizza is still around in NDG. Different location but still there. And people in Verdun swear by Woodland Pizza. I also see that Velos Pizza on Donegani Boulevard in Valois is still going strong. It was there when I was a kid 50 years ago.

Yes its a funny league. What brings success is the regular season doesn't necessarily translate to success in the playoffs. Its a fine balancing act.

Habs posted a good link on the Leafs board

TLDR: For the past three years, Habs have been near the top of the league at even strength. The problem has been special teams, overtime, and - as odd as it seems to say now - goaltending.

TLDR: For the past three years, Habs have been near the top of the league at even strength. The problem has been special teams, overtime, and - as odd as it seems to say now - goaltending.

Well it's sacrilege to say anything against Price right now but he's either been injured or hot garbage for most of the last 3 seasons. Also, it's hard to have a good powerplay when you barely had a player on the roster who could hit the 20 goal mark and had a PK that was undersized and couldn't hit or intimidate anyone. Starting every overtime with Plekanec and later Danault was also not a formula for winning. It was a "try not to lose" strategy.

Everyone here and everywhere has been screaming about the special teams for years. How hard is it to fix one, forget both? This has killed us more than shitty backup goalies.

The PK is incredible. Finally aggressive attack mode. It makes me wonder if Richardson wanted that all along and Julien said no.

If Price wins the cup you Price haters can all go pound sand.

We aren't haters at all , finally living up to his contract

This is the Carey up to 2015

Last 3-4 years have been average at best ...mixed bag of bad , injured , inconsistent with some very good

Even if we lose , he was outstanding this playoffs

Last 3-4 years have been average at best ...mixed bag of bad , injured , inconsistent with some very good

What is

What would a hater backpedaling say?

I’ll take CYA for a thousand.

Exactly. Let's not forget that for a long stretch of this season his save percentage was under .900, which at $10.5 million per is garbage production. He is finally doing what he has been paid to do.

What is

What would a hater backpedaling say?

I’ll take CYA for a thousand.
Pointing out facts does not make one a hater. Objective reality doesn't care how you feel about it. Truth is truth even if you disagree with it, dislike it or disbelieve in it. It simply "is". The reality is that for most of the last 3 seasons, Price was playing like garbage and was not earning his keep. Now he is. No hate, just facts.

Pointing out facts does not make one a hater. Objective reality doesn't care how you feel about it. Truth is truth even if you disagree with it, dislike it or disbelieve in it. It simply "is". The reality is that for most of the last 3 seasons, Price was playing like garbage and was not earning his keep. Now he is. No hate, just facts.
Selective facts

Back