• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs year 2021

He has to... In the exit interviews what do you think Weber and Price and Gallagher will tell him?

This is an expansion draft year. Players will be available and looking at the numbers we have some cap space (and maybe more if Drouin ends up on Robidas Island)).

For us to get back to the Final Four next year, we have to win the off season like we did last year.

EDIT: Another thing about playing by the rules while cutting corners, how about we agree with Weber to terminate his contract with $12 million owed over 5 years which would render him a free agent? Re-sign him for $12 million over 3 thus he gets his money earlier and we get cap space. All within the rules. Win win for both parties.

He has to... In the exit interviews what do you think Weber and Price and Gallagher will tell him?

This is an expansion draft year. Players will be available and looking at the numbers we have some cap space (and maybe more if Drouin ends up on Robidas Island)).

For us to get back to the Final Four next year, we have to win the off season like we did last year.
Exactly - and have to think Molson will expect a strong push forward.

See, contender

"The Hockey Writers" aren't actual journalists, just fanboys with pretensions. The retooling didn't build anything. It wasn't a retooling at all. It was a series of calculated moves designed to get them into a playoff spot in a weak division and (hopefully) on a hot streak that would steal a Cup cheaply during a Covid-shorted campaign. It nearly worked but it was never designed to work beyond the one specific season. Now it needs to be torn down and properly rebuilt into a team that can compete through an 82 game regular season and still have gas in the tank for a 2 month playoff run.

"The Hockey Writers" aren't actual journalists, just fanboys with pretensions. The retooling didn't build anything. It wasn't a retooling at all. It was a series of calculated moves designed to get them into a playoff spot in a weak division and (hopefully) on a hot streak that would steal a Cup cheaply during a Covid-shorted campaign. It nearly worked but it was never designed to work beyond the one specific season. Now it needs to be torn down and properly rebuilt into a team that can compete through an 82 game regular season and still have gas in the tank for a 2 month playoff run.
Their writers are terrible overall

I think Bergevin gonna double down and push his chips in again this year.
Yes but I think he tries to find that puck moving D or he may even still have a deal for Deangelo that was pushed to summer when they couldn't close it on time.

I think he gets resigned unless a team offers him stupid money. At this point I don't see how he doesn't at least test free agency.

I do think Poehling is ready though. He was playing great before the Taxi squad and injury.

Back