• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs year 2021

pretty much impossible to do with a regular 82 game schedule spanning 7 months

this was the year to pull such a stunt
which is why tampa fluked out this year

and last

last year because it is obvious that opponents fans bother them so they would not have won anything with fans in the building

two covid cups for them

it helps when you are $18 million over the cap

Like it or not they played within the silly rules the league provides

Some teams like Zona bought players to get to the floor

The Leafs traded for 11 mil in LTIR when they were over that cap amount

Kuch needed surgery and used the year to get him off the cap

The rule stinks but the league wont do squat about it

They wont jeopardize punishing teams

Like it or not they played within the silly rules the league provides

Some teams like Zona bought players to get to the floor

The Leafs traded for 11 mil in LTIR when they were over that cap amount

Kuch needed surgery and used the year to get him off the cap

The rule stinks but the league wont do squat about it

They wont jeopardize punishing teams
I never complained about it, i know they played in the rules, it helped them

Yeah but it needs to be closed.

The NHL is run like a mafia family where the Capos skim just enough to not get shot.

Ie: intentional loopholes

The NHL is run like a mafia family where the Capos skim just enough to not get shot.

yup, but where do you start

Teams will get crippled without loopholes in some form

If you restrict even more , salaries will need to drop if the cap cant get stretched

Yeah. The problem is this is a fake construct. It's a house of cards and one day it will crash if they don't do something.

I mean, it's fairly easy. Just extend the daily Cap ceiling to the post season. It's another round of CBA negotiations, but what isn't?

That way, if a key player gets hurt and you replace him during the regular season, but the guy is ready to go for the post season then you have to make the Cap work before you can add him to the active roster. If that means you have to scratch an entire line and replace them with your AHL guys, then so be it. If another key player gets hurt in the playoffs, then you have additional flexibility. Just make rules and stick to them ... which is not something this league has always been real good at doing.

I mean, it's fairly easy. Just extend the daily Cap ceiling to the post season. It's another round of CBA negotiations, but what isn't?

That way, if a key player gets hurt and you replace him during the regular season, but the guy is ready to go for the post season then you have to make the Cap work before you can add him to the active roster. If that means you have to scratch an entire line and replace them with your AHL guys, then so be it. If another key player gets hurt in the playoffs, then you have additional flexibility. Just make rules and stick to them ... which is not something this league has always been real good at doing.

The irony of it all....in 2015 TBay led the crusade to close the loophole and were voted down.

Will never happen

Back