• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs year 2021

I wanted Danault resigned last year, not Gallagher. But it looks like he shot himself in the foot by not taking that offer. That means, I think, that he may test the FA market. Good fit for a team like Colorado.

Best fit is Colorado , if the money is comparable that’s where he should go

Playing behind Nate , Kadri or Newhook

Solid third line checking center , slotted perfectly

4rth place team finished 18th in league standings = no playoffs
You are so redundant, I understand that this is a tough pill for you to swallow but you should get your mind into 2021. Every team understood the format for 20-21 season before the season began. I would argue that the North's travel schedule was harder than the USA divisions , The Habs deserve full credit, Since you keep saying the Habs were 18th, let's look at what they did.. Habs beat 6th placed team (leafs) ... Habs beat 14th placed team (Jets), Habs beat 2nd placed team Vegas ..

You are so redundant, I understand that this is a tough pill for you to swallow but you should get your mind into 2021. Every team understood the format for 20-21 season before the season began. I would argue that the North's travel schedule was harder than the USA divisions , The Habs deserve full credit, Since you keep saying the Habs were 18th, let's look at what they did.. Habs beat 6th placed team (leafs) ... Habs beat 14th placed team (Jets), Habs beat 2nd placed team Vegas ..
There's parity to a certain extent and teams can get on hot streaks, even mediocre ones. But ultimately you are what your record says you are and the Habs had no business being in the playoffs. They fluked their way into the finals but unfortunately had to play a team that didn't fluke their way there and it showed. Our only hope was for the Islanders to also fluke their way into the finals. Then we'd have had a chance. It would have been a final between two teams that had no business being there.

That's how we won in 86. The Flyers and Oilers went to the finals in 85 and 87. They should have both been there in 86 but they stubbed their toes and a couple of streaky underdogs got there instead. I was ecstatic about winning that Cup in 86 but neither I nor anyone else believed that the Habs were better than the Oilers or Flyers. We just got lucky.

There's parity to a certain extent and teams can get on hot streaks, even mediocre ones. But ultimately you are what your record says you are and the Habs had no business being in the playoffs. They fluked their way into the finals but unfortunately had to play a team that didn't fluke their way there and it showed. Our only hope was for the Islanders to also fluke their way into the finals. Then we'd have had a chance. It would have been a final between two teams that had no business being there.

That's how we won in 86. The Flyers and Oilers went to the finals in 85 and 87. They should have both been there in 86 but they stubbed their toes and a couple of streaky underdogs got there instead. I was ecstatic about winning that Cup in 86 but neither I nor anyone else believed that the Habs were better than the Oilers or Flyers. We just got lucky.
After all these years you still do not understand the difference between Playoff Hockey and regular season hockey.. you keep referring to the regular season standings as the gold standard on how to make it to the finals.. the Habs beating the Leafs, Jets and Knights was no fluke.. they were the better playoff team..

After all these years you still do not understand the difference between Playoff Hockey and regular season hockey.. you keep referring to the regular season standings as the gold standard on how to make it to the finals.. the Habs beating the Leafs, Jets and Knights was no fluke.. they were the better playoff team..
Seems like MTL was built for more playoff style setup, yeah. So in that sense, this season (and somewhat last year too) gives some hope - if you can get in again, be it luck or skill, there's still a chance of making a run.

This team isn't winning a division. And if we go back to the old division setup with TB and TO both around, that's gonna be even tougher. But if they make it, maybe a chance for another run?

No, when a better team loses to an inferior team that they should have beaten easily it's on them for underachieving. The underdog just gets to take credit.

Seems like MTL was built for more playoff style setup, yeah. So in that sense, this season (and somewhat last year too) gives some hope - if you can get in again, be it luck or skill, there's still a chance of making a run.

This team isn't winning a division. And if we go back to the old division setup with TB and TO both around, that's gonna be even tougher. But if they make it, maybe a chance for another run?

5 on 5 has been decent for a few years. The problems have been gruesome PP/PK and ECHL back up goalies.

LG your seeing this through your red Habs glasses

I give them full credit I said it many times before

If in the last 2 years they were slotted securely in the playoffs , I would accept it better

Sorry 24th and 18th are not playoffs teams , regardless how the cards were dealt

Those years were different WH ...we made the playoffs

We won with the cards we were dealt ..... full deserved

Not our fault if upsets happened or our insane OT record

LG your seeing this through your red Habs glasses

I give them full credit I said it many times before

If in the last 2 years they were slotted securely in the playoffs , I would accept it better

Sorry 24th and 18th are not playoffs teams , regardless how the cards were dealt
In 2021 they are.. you cannot change the facts. It has nothing to do with Hab glasses, it has to do with facts whether you like them or not.. the habs made the playoffs period.. of course things were not normal just look what happened . they were shut down because of Covid in the middle of a playoff race.. their schedule was condensed after that.. they had to travel far more than any division..

You keep stating "Covid " as the excuse for being here, while this season was not "normal" it sure was HARDER in many areas than a normal season.
the habs division will be hard

but people seem to forget what the habs did when healthy

habs did very well in the regular season with half the team hurt, bad goaltending, and a brutal 3 on 3 OT record

Best fit is Colorado , if the money is comparable that’s where he should go

Playing behind Nate , Kadri or Newhook

Solid third line checking center , slotted perfectly
Dubas would be all over Danault if he can fit him reasonably.

We have a 21 year old no. 1 center for the next decade, a perennial 35-40 goal per season scorer, a good second line center in the making, plus Poehling and Evans, and Anderson and Toffoli, and a lot of young D coming soon, to go with Petry, Edmundson and Romanov. So I don’t really get all the pessimism other than it’s mostly coming from the two most pessimistic posters here. The biggest problem facing the Habs in the near term is the strength of the Atlantic Division and the Eastern Conference. The West will be a cakewalk by comparison.
ya - people seem to forget that vegas (a top team) was easily beat by the habs this year

the habs division will be hard

but people seem to forget what the habs did when healthy

habs did very well in the regular season with half the team hurt, bad goaltending, and a brutal 3 on 3 OT record
25 games in 43 days then a short break then 22 in 46 days.

ya - people seem to forget that vegas (a top team) was easily beat by the habs this year
The Knights beat them up though. It was quite noticeable that the Habs were playing on wonky legs/groins.

I'd like to resign Danault and Perry if they don't get too big a raise. Maybe Armia too.

Let Staal, Tatar, Merrill, Gustafsson all walk,

And hopefully they can just terminate Drouin's contract.

Are there provisions in the CBA to terminate a contract ?

Back