• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs year 2021

After all these years you still do not understand the difference between Playoff Hockey and regular season hockey.. you keep referring to the regular season standings as the gold standard on how to make it to the finals.. the Habs beating the Leafs, Jets and Knights was no fluke.. they were the better playoff team..
I'm starting to think you do this just to avoid like alzheimer setting in or something. Either that or you're just playing with your food.

I agree.. Both Perry and Dano earned it by the way the played in the playoffs..
This is the Habs fatal flaw. They obsess over the bottom half of their roster and overpay for skills that anyone can be taught. If you're going to pay a premium for something it should be on players who can actually score, not on players who's primary skill is preventing scoring. If Danault wants to make Bergeron money he has to score like Bergeron, not just defend like him.

This is the Habs fatal flaw. They obsess over the bottom half of their roster and overpay for skills that anyone can be taught. If you're going to pay a premium for something it should be on players who can actually score, not on players who's primary skill is preventing scoring. If Danault wants to make Bergeron money he has to score like Bergeron, not just defend like him.
The bottom half of Tampa roster beat us you moron.

Dano is good third line checking center , but you cant have him playing 18-20 minutes a game providing zero offence .

You need to have 2 elite scoring lines to have Dano as your 3C who cant score .

11 was the biggest underachiever in the playoffs for me by far

He tries but did sqaut IMO , even of he was beat up .

Benching KK and Tatar the last 2 games made no fuken sense

With the start of training camp just 10 weeks away, I wonder if these guys will be 100% by then

Weber
Petry
Gallagher
Toffoli

With the start of training camp just 10 weeks away, I wonder if these guys will be 100% by then

Weber
Petry
Gallagher
Toffoli
Habs need to seriously consider pulling a Kucherov w Weber, and cannot allow Allen to be selected @ expansion draft. Will need 50/50 split in nets next season

Habs need to seriously consider pulling a Kucherov w Weber, and cannot allow Allen to be selected @ expansion draft. Will need 50/50 split in nets next season

pretty much impossible to do with a regular 82 game schedule spanning 7 months

this was the year to pull such a stunt

Our top half kept there MUCH better top half in check for the most part.

The games were lost on the play of the bottom six. It amazes me that this needs to be explained.

Yeah....their much vaunted PP was merely good.

Brayden Point wasn't much of a factor

Tampa "outdepthed" us but that's an argument to get more elite talent. It allows your good second liners to be great 3rd liners and so forth.

You are so redundant, I understand that this is a tough pill for you to swallow but you should get your mind into 2021. Every team understood the format for 20-21 season before the season began. I would argue that the North's travel schedule was harder than the USA divisions , The Habs deserve full credit, Since you keep saying the Habs were 18th, let's look at what they did.. Habs beat 6th placed team (leafs) ... Habs beat 14th placed team (Jets), Habs beat 2nd placed team Vegas ..
ya but the habs lost to a middle of the pack team in the playoffs (8th)

Last edited:
5 on 5 has been decent for a few years. The problems have been gruesome PP/PK and ECHL back up goalies.
ya - we have been those PP reliant teams that win divisions but fizzle in the playoffs

keep in mind there are literally (and figurately) different rules in the playoffs - eg. no 3 on 3 OT

Back