• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes Off Season Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of people reselling. One person who moderates a Canes facebook equipment group had 4-5 sticks up for sale within a couple hours, between $50 and $300 profit on each.
'
Yeah, that is crappy and hopefully the Canes figure out a way to limit that practice. That is NOT what these equipment resales are supposed to be about.

Shame on those who are using the equipment sale as nothing more than a profit vehicle. May the IRS find out about this and come after them for the taxes most of those doing this type of selling are likely not paying on their gains.

i remember Marty as we taught his son in LTP at the ice plex. He was kinda pissed at the canes as they wouldn’t give him scoring players.

i remember Marty as we taught his son in LTP at the ice plex. He was kinda pissed at the canes as they wouldn’t give him scoring players.
As a 7 year old my son played with Marty's son in the RYHA house league (Maple Leafs, I believe--coached by Mike Lappin). Best player in the Mite league that year (IMO) was Kasperi Kapanen.

Sign Kadri, keep Pacioretty on LTIR until the playoffs, win Cup.

Svech-Aho-Jarvis
Pacioretti-Kadri-Turbo
Kase-KK-Necas
Fast-Staal-Martinook

Jack Drury fills in during regular season.

Sign Kadri, keep Pacioretty on LTIR until the playoffs, win Cup.

Svech-Aho-Jarvis
Pacioretti-Kadri-Turbo
Kase-KK-Necas
Fast-Staal-Martinook

Jack Drury fills in during regular season.
This is a great take CMal and I wonder how deep Kadri is in with the teams he has negotiated with to date since the rumblings the past few weeks seem to indicate that old Captain Lou has a strong interest in signing him but wants to make another couple moves with his cap space and Colorado also would need to make a trade or two to move salary out to fit Kadri back in. Your scenario now would fit Dundon to a T in terms of how he likes to do things.

Adding Kadri takes pressure off KK and provides a solution for Staal after this season if he doesn't come back.

Agreed but it might actually become an opportunity depending on what options the Canes really have and how they play it.

One issue with the concept of going out and signing Kadri, you can't exceed the cap in the offseason by more than 10%. The Canes are over the cap right now. You cannot LTIR players until its time to get cap compliant for the season. That leaves the Canes $7,133,083 maximum in offseason cap room at the moment. But they also eventually need to get under the real cap. LTIR for Pacioretty is an obvious step, but if they add Kadri, that still doesn't get them all the way there. So we would be back to our discussion from yesterday, trying to figure out how to get back under the cap. There are options there of course.

Pacioretty was the answer to the 'we need a scorer' problem. With him gone most of the year, are we really going to try to proceed with:

Svech-Aho-Jarvis
Turbo-KK-Necas
Fast-Staal-Jack Drury
Martinook-Pederson-Kase

I would be surprised if we proceed like that.

Not sure what the Canes are really going to do, but I would be surprised if we don't do anything. Kadri might already really be off the board already and not an option or might have no interest in the Canes and the money the Canes can offer might not be enough. But that sure seems like the most obvious solution, both for this season and future seasons.

Pacioretty was the answer to the 'we need a scorer' problem. With him gone most of the year, are we really going to try to proceed with:

Svech-Aho-Jarvis
Turbo-KK-Necas
Fast-Staal-Jack Drury
Martinook-Pederson-Kase
That's more or less taking last year's offense---which was not good enough---and just subtracting Nino and Trochek. And that goes from not good enough to really not good enough.

I mean ... Kadri is not a box of soap sitting on a grocery store shelf. You can't just suddenly have a personnel need pop up and run down to the free agent store to pick up a new one. He's been on the market for months and if the Canes haven't done any groundwork then that's not a reasonable expectation. That said, it would make me happy to see somebody make Uncle Lou choke on his BS "unofficially signed that guy" game. You know what unofficial means, Lou? Not only can you call it off if circumstances change, so can the player.

We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back