• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Jeff Petry & Ryan Poehling to Pittsburgh for Michael Matheson & 2023 4th

When player wants to be traded, and has made that clear to the media, you don’t get much for the player. For more supported this thesis please check out the thread on the Toronto Raptors. Discussions around Kevin Garnett and who he could bring? He’s amazing and whoever trades for him is getting way less back in return

When player wants to be traded, and has made that clear to the media, you don’t get much for the player. For more supported this thesis please check out the thread on the Toronto Raptors. Discussions around Kevin Garnett and who he could bring? He’s amazing and whoever trades for him is getting way less back in return

NBA is a different animal when it comes to trades

Hugo insisted on cap flexibility , save a few bucks on the AAV

Wait it out , no doubt in my mind better trades if they had some patience

NBA is a different animal when it comes to trades

Hugo insisted on cap flexibility , save a few bucks on the AAV

Wait it out , no doubt in my mind better trades if they had some patience
this feels like a molson “we want to be middle of the pack instead of bottom dwellers so let’s try to get someone decent”

I think Hughes and Gorton likely got the best deal there was to be had based on what they know about the players involved in the realities of the NHL trade market from the inside. I really like going to airshows. Would it be amazing if we could just take a jet jump in it with it around the way we do a car?

I think Hughes and Gorton likely got the best deal there was to be had based on what they know about the players involved in the realities of the NHL trade market from the inside. I really like going to airshows. Would it be amazing if we could just take a jet jump in it with it around the way we do a car?
I hit the wrong button. But when we talk about hockey here it’s like somebody on the ground who’s never flown a plane before talking about what they would do if they were inside that airplane.

There were some good picks that were well managed - like Max. Then, there’s the Gomez mishap. That was compounded by the Drouin debacle.

Garbage deal , first major fuck up by Hugo

WTF do they need cap flexibility ......team is rebuilding

There was need to rush a move with 3 years left to go

Then you give RP who should fit well in Pitt

Let the Klingberg shit play out , Habs were sitting on the best D available on the market
Except the fact that there's an argument to be made that Matheson is as good as Petry, cheap and signed for an extra year... and a few years younger.

Garbage deal , first major fuck up by Hugo

WTF do they need cap flexibility ......team is rebuilding

There was need to rush a move with 3 years left to go

Then you give RP who should fit well in Pitt

Let the Klingberg shit play out , Habs were sitting on the best D available on the market
They are not doing a long term rebuild, Gorton will execute the same game plan as he did w NYR. It’s becoming more obvious by the day.

Next up Trouba equivalent…PLD.

It needs to be looked at as two less contracts on players that had no future with the Habs

Back