• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Juraj Slafkovsky, Montreal Canadien

"Juraj Slafkovsky deviendra un bon joueur. Mais dans la LNH, quand tu as le temps de sélectionner un "STUD" en défense, tu privilégies le défenseur" affirme ce recruteur des Sénateurs..

I wonder if Shane Wright would be so at ease. Slaf seems to really enjoy this part of the job.

I also think that the previous regime would have drafted Wright because Slaf's easy going nature and his on camera demeanor would raise red flags for a guy like Bergevin. Slaf would appear to him to be "too h'individualistic", too much like Subban, the kind of player they would eventually need to deal with when he got "too big".

Put Shane Wright in that clip and Bergevin would love it. He wouldn't joke around with ease, he'd barely speak. Humility. Obedience.

I'm starting to think that HuGo drafted Slaf not merely for hockey reasons but to also signal a change in the organizational culture. Having a personality is no longer going to be something that the organization feels the need to correct or manage anymore.

Back