• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

Like Lars Eller and Bobby Smith, KK looks like a hockey player. In the beginning, we may have gotten fooled into thinking he was more the latter than the former.

I am leaning towards not matching.

By offering so much, Carolina has potentially provided the Habs assets to make a trade they wouldn’t be able to do with Kotkaniemi straight up.

By offering so much, Carolina has potentially provided the Habs assets to make a trade they wouldn’t be able to do with Kotkaniemi straight up.

not sure about that... I think KK had more trade value than a middling 1st rounder and a 3rd. This hurts the Habs (either way) but trading those draft picks for something solid will mitigate the damage.

Looking a few years out, this whole affair will probably turn out to be insignificant. The only variable will be if KK eventually lives up to his #3 overall billing. In that way, the Canes have all the upside and their downside is capped at losing the draft picks — so decent risk reward for them

True.

JT Miller please. I bet two seconds get that done. Then flip Canes picks to Calgary for Tkachuk.

Back