• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

There's a wide gap between a slight improvement on last year and being worth $6.1m. I was commenting on the likelihood of his salary going down.

By no means do I think that the Aho offersheet was "good." There was zero chance that the Canes wouldn't match. We all knew it at the time. The only hope any of us had was if the owner wasn't willing to buck up... but that seemed like a very unlikely scenario. It was way too fair of a contract. But if the Canes didn't match, it was very beneficial to the Habs. If not... no harm no foul.

MB's intention wasn't so much to screw the Canes, but rather a hailmary to improve his team. I just think this is a dumb move for Carolina. Give up a 1st and 3rd to pay KK considerably more than he's worth.

If the purpose of offersheeting is to troll the other team regardless of how it affects your team, then yep... Waddell definitely could give Bergevin some lessons.

Canes are retaliating because half that contract was a signing bonus due in 12 minutes .

So we get even more cap space with KK gone....beautiful.....

So who are we now giving up to get Eichel ? I guess we need to give up one of Suzuki or Caulfield ? I doubt Habs even think about it

So who are we now giving up to get Eichel ? I guess we need to give up one of Suzuki or Caulfield ? I doubt Habs even think about it
Doubt? There’s less than no chance in either case.

They are too good to trade. They are the future

A combination. A 1st and a 3rd is worth considerably more than a 2nd.

I hate paying KK $4m+ but just getting a 2nd for him just isn't enough. Even if the pick is like 20th... it's still worth a lot more than 53rd. And, as unlikely as it seems... that 1st has the potential to be a lottery pick.

The Canes should be worse than last year given the players in/out. How much worse? I'm not sure.
All it takes is one injury to Slavin and they are done

Plus they dumped their goalies for Fred who sucked the last few years

Because of the unknown about his injury....sure

A healthy Eichel you do it.....
Nope , his brain is not made for Montreal .....he will get crucified

Secondly , your striping away everything he needs to play in Montreal

We don’t have the depth for this move

We have precious few young assets to build on

Because of the unknown about his injury....sure

A healthy Eichel you do it.....
Yeah, a healthy Eichel and I would trade either for him, not both though.

For Eichel as is? Man, that's tough. Not sure what I'd give up. Pretty much any combination of players not names Caufield or Suzuki I think.

Yeah, a healthy Eichel and I would trade either for him, not both though.

For Eichel as is? Man, that's tough. Not sure what I'd give up. Pretty much any combination of players not names Caufield or Suzuki I think.
Yes of course not both.....a healthy Eichel would fetch a package around either Suzuki or Caulfield.

Maybe....just maybe.....this is Canes returning the favour because Bergy super lowballed the offer sheet for Aho, helping the Canes avoid what might have been a nasty negotiating process between them and Aho. He basically did the negotiations for them, and handed them a reasonable deal.

The first thing everyone said was why did Habs even offer sheet if they were gonna make a half arsed one.

Now, Bergy can walk away from his ''missed'' 3rd overall pick, and can just blame the Canes

(Ok, back to watching FoxNews anti-vax propaganda)

Rumours were Canes we’re trying to acquire KK, when that didn’t work they decided to offer sheet.

Canes most likely went to Berge and said we’re gonna offer sheet KK or you can agree to trade him to us for a first — pick your poison

Back