• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

If you keep KK, you need to go full-out with him….second line center and play him in all situations, important moments, no shielding him anymore.

If you match the offer sheet, you have a year to see what the kid can do…no more benching or protecting him, play him like he is your second best center

If you keep KK, you need to go full-out with him….second line center and play him in all situations, important moments, no shielding him anymore.

If you match the offer sheet, you have a year to see what the kid can do…no more benching or protecting him, play him like he is your second best center

Exactly , training wheels are off

With Dano gone there is no , " lets settle for the safe player " anymore

Do we even have the cap room for matching? If we have to lose additional players to make this work then who?

There’s moves that can be made surrounding the LTIR to create the space but it’s a pain in the ass.

I think Bergevin is actively looking for a center before matching.

Will lead to losses and will burn him further. He is not ready for that role, sorry. Anyone can see it.

There’s moves that can be made surrounding the LTIR to create the space but it’s a pain in the ass.

I think Bergevin is actively looking for a center before matching.

I dont see a difference making C available ( Jack isnt coming here )

Decide if your matching or not and move on , going to be a tough year in any decision

Will lead to losses and will burn him further. He is not ready for that role, sorry. Anyone can see it.
I am not as sour on KK as most. He’sa coach’s kid and has the right temperament to learn. A project shouldn’t have been the #3 pick but what’s done is done.

Bottom line - Time is running out for this core of Price/Petry/Gally and others . The window is 1 to 3 years with these guys. Can't afford to wait around for KK to blossom into his new found salary bracket. Those $$ are important in a flat cap.

I realize that things are not always linear, but this is what we have. We were always destined to have a "rush to win" near the end of Price and Weber's contracts and that time has come.

Matching this OS is a bad hockey move in my mind.

Unfortunately they’re not the core anymore.
Suzuki
Romanov
Evans
Anderson
KK

etc became the core after last years run. It’s finally time to move out vets for younger talent. The rebuild could be quick with a slew of picks over the next couple of years in what look to be decent draft classes.

I am not as sour on KK as most. He’sa coach’s kid and has the right temperament to learn. A project shouldn’t have been the #3 pick but what’s done is done.
I get the impression that he doesn't have the right temperament though. In 3 seasons he hasn't even improved enough to be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs lineup. His four finger salute after his goal post-benching demonstrated entitlement and a complete lack of respect for his coaching staff. Yes he is young and still has development/maturity to do, but at 21 these metal traits are already hard coded and won't be easy obstacles to overcome.

I say take the 1st and 3rd while there is still some decent return.

I get the impression that he doesn't have the right temperament though. In 3 seasons he hasn't even improved enough to be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs lineup. His four finger salute after his goal post-benching demonstrated entitlement and a complete lack of respect for his coaching staff. Yes he is young and still has development/maturity to do, but at 21 these metal traits are already hard coded and won't be easy obstacles to overcome.

Let’s be completely honest though, the Habs dicked him around like Latendresse and many others before him.

He is one more mediocre season away from being worth ONLY a 3rd round pick.

Maybe it's me but I just don't believe in him. In his rookie year he did some good things at 18. He hasn't been the same since. That's a problem.

Bottom line - Time is running out for this core of Price/Petry/Gally and others . The window is 1 to 3 years with these guys. Can't afford to wait around for KK to blossom into his new found salary bracket. Those $$ are important in a flat cap.

I realize that things are not always linear, but this is what we have. We were always destined to have a "rush to win" near the end of Price and Weber's contracts and that time has come.

Matching this OS is a bad hockey move in my mind.

If team is comfortable with KK`s continuing development its worth the wait

He is 21 not 31

Let’s be completely honest though, the Habs dicked him around like Latendresse and many others before him.

10000% correct

Any fuk up , he is benched or yo-yo`d in the lineup

The playoff benching was unwarranted and he even scored big goals for us while others did squat

Cap space is valuable - there's still plenty of teams that are at or near the cap, so are looking to unload salary. You can almost certainly make use of that cap space if you want, especially with a few extra picks to play with.

I mean, if you truly believe he will turn the corner and be the next Aho or MacKinnon or something, then yeah, you can live with a 6M salary for the next couple years until he breaks out. But if you don't think he will ever be worth signing to a contract that expensive, then you can't break your already thin payroll on him.

Back