• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Laval Rocket Thread

4-1 loss to the Marlies. Andersson scored the only goal. Tomorrow's rematch is pretty much a must win if the Rocket want to stay in the playoff hunt.

Rocket is there to graduate players to our NHL squad.

Not seeing any issues there. Their W-L record is a secondary element.
Yup. I have no loyalty to Houle but players have been developing in Laval and do generally well on call ups. A few more wins would be nice but those are bonuses.

Ok. For the players I care, Mailloux is having a good first pro season. Struble has been surprising. Roy has been doing ok. Xhekaj had a good stint there too.

Farrell, Heineman, Kidney, Norlinder haven’t been too hot on the other hand.

It’s definitely an issue if Gignac and Maillet are leading the team in scoring, I don’t like to see that.

They're leading the team in scoring because,

1- AHL vets usually do that
2- We have nothing in terms of forward prospects

As you mentioned, some prospects have been improving, some have been stagnant/regressing. C'est la vie. That's how it goes with prospects in every organization.

I can't complain about Houle so far.

They're leading the team in scoring because,

1- AHL vets usually do that
2- We have nothing in terms of forward prospects

As you mentioned, some prospects have been improving, some have been stagnant/regressing. C'est la vie. That's how it goes with prospects in every organization.

I can't complain about Houle so far.
I know, it’s not on Houle, I just wish that wasn’t the case, that a Farrell, Roy, Heineman or even Andersson would lead the team.

On a side note, how in the hell does Simoneau leads the team (well 2nd) in PIMs????

I knew the day Baby Houle was hired that it would go this way. His last name alone should have disqualified him from working for the Habs in any capacity. I wouldn't let him sell peanuts at the Place Bell concession stand, let alone coach our AHL affiliate.

Back