• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

For people who care about such things:

Nephew is currently 34th in the league in G/60. Right behind Brock Boeser in 33rd, tied with Filip Forsberg, and ahead of Kucherov, Kempe, Verhaege, Reinhart, Nylander, Marchand, Konecny, etc, etc, etc.

Is also 75th in P/60, right behind Bedard in 73rd. Aho, Bagel, Svechnikov also barely ahead of him. But he's ahead of Nylander, Rantanen, Kyrou, Forsberg, Larkin, Fiala, Fantilli, Hughes

Maybe play him more?

I’m kinda way more excited for next years team than this year.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Tavares-Nylander
Xxx-Minten-Krok
Cowen-Tverberg-Holmberg

#youngandimproving

Just need to add that top D.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Xxx-Minten-Krok
Cowen-Tverberg-Holmberg

#youngandimproving

It's beautiful. But also it's really hard to see Sheldon being comfortable with that many kids on the roster so we'll see if he's still our coach. It'd probably be miles better than the trash he's comfortable with though.

It's beautiful. But also it's really hard to see Sheldon being comfortable with that many kids on the roster. It'd probably be miles better than the trash he's comfortable with though.
I'm putting the odds at around 30% that Sheldon is the coach next year. Hope the new guy is more tolerant to kids.. I like the Berube idea, he rode kids pretty hard when they won their cup. All that stuff is more important to me than the systems shit tbh.. And I know Berube isn't really a systems guy anyway, which may be a good thing.

Think it'll also be a bit of a challenge for Leafs fans not to scream that they're not ready and to send them down every 10 game "down" stretch.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Xxx-Minten-Krok
Cowen-Tverberg-Holmberg

#youngandimproving

cute that you think we'll have a coach that will play that many young players, all at the same time.

and not play David Kampf, Reavo, etc (both will be under contract).

but hey, lots can change between now and then.

fire Keefe. motherfucker.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Xxx-Minten-Krok
Cowen-Tverberg-Holmberg

#youngandimproving

zero chance, unless Shanahan/Trepuppet are turfed and a totally new vision put in place.

more crappy to middling gritty vets will be brought in, and they will play ahead of kids or developing players.

Decent chance Robertson or Liljegren is shipped out by deadline as well.

It's a good play by him tbh. Want me to stay in Russia? Pay me the same as I would make in the NHL to stay (after taxes, they're tax free in Russia).

Otherwise come take a run at making the team out of camp. Even if you take a financial step back by playing in the A for a year or two, you're way past Russian wages by 24-25 yrs old.

Back