• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

LeafGm

Nick Robertson... 16gp 19g 28pts

Pretty nuts. The kid just turned 18 in September, and he's scoring at a 97-goal, 144-point pace about a quarter of the way through the OHL regular season. I keep waiting for him to slow down, but it's not happening yet.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Pretty nuts. The kid just turned 18 in September, and he's scoring at a 97-goal, 144-point pace about a quarter of the way through the OHL regular season. I keep waiting for him to slow down, but it's not happening yet.
So, fun thought experiment....

If Robertson was draft eligible this season, where would he get picked?

Cole Perfetti is only a couple of months younger, almost identical PPG, but 5 goals in 17gp to Nick's GPG+. Currently sitting in the 7-10 range in the mock drafts I'm looking at.

Is there any chance he wouldn't be doing top 15 if he was just a couple of days younger?

zeke

Agostino 1.13 - Petan 2.50 - Aberg 1.20
Korshkov 0.80 - Brooks 1.00 - Bracco 1.00
Wilson 0.63 - Engvall 0.90 - McMaster 0.56
O'Brien 0.40 - Gaudet 0.44 - Baptiste 0.50
(Archibald 0.30 - Elynuik 0.00 - Read 0.25)

Sandin 1.00 - Liljegren 0.80
Rubins 0.29 - Schmaltz 0.63
Harpur 0.25 - Lindgren 0.29
(Kivihalme 0.00 - Gravel 0.00)

Kaskisuo .924
Woll .897

LeafGm

Prospect stats, news & notes:

• 2017 4th round pick Vladislav Kara has earned a promotion to the KHL after starting the year with 15 points in 15 games in the KHL's minor-pro league. He's currently the only Leaf prospect playing in the KHL.

• In theory, Eemeli Rasanen is also playing in the KHL. But only in theory. In reality, after getting third-pairing minutes for four games and 6-8 minutes for three games, he's been a healthy-scratch for his KHL team since September 25th. Between now and then they sent him for a four-game stint in the Finnish junior league (since Jokerit doesn't have a minor-pro affiliate), but he hasn't played any games at all in over two weeks now.

• Nick Robertson started the season with an 11-game point streak. After having it snapped on October 20th against Oshawa, he's started up a new steak: a four-game goal-scoring streak where he's racked up seven goals (and one assist).

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Reactions: BG

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I fucking cringe every time I hear someone make the argument about keeping top prospects in the AHL for any reason other than them not being good enough to be in the NHL.

The AHL is a fucking joke of a league to develop high level prospects in.