• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

I posted this on the regular season thread, so you might have missed it, but the Leafs promoted Hayley Wickenheiser to Pellerin’s old position this morning and also hired Danielle Goyette to their player development department.

So, not sure what kind of room that’d leave for this Ryan Hardy dude.

Nothing really sticks out about this guy at first glance. 24 year-old former Arizona 7th round pick.

He had a cup of coffee in their minor-pro system over in North America at the beginning of last year (two games in the AHL, three in the ECHL).

Then he played the rest of 2019/20 in Finland’s top league, and 2020/21 in Sweden’s top league. Posted a .911 SV% in both leagues/seasons, and won the SHL championship this season.

Looks like he was trending up and earned the call over to North america and started well before the shitty beer virus hit, and then it's been small samples since.

I'd like to see his trendline this year - somehow he stole the starting job in the playoffs from veteran Fasth who had a great year himself. I wonder if that was earned or injury or what.

Back