• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs re-sign Morgan Rielly. 8 years/7.5M

Real Money owing on Leafs contracts after July 1 next summer:

Muzzin: ($5.625m caphit): $6.0 for 2yrs
Kerfoot: ($3.5m caphit): $0.75 for 1yrs
Ritchie ($2.5m caphit): $3.3 for 1yrs (hmm why didn't dubey use signing bonuses on this one?)
Holl ($2.0m caphit): $2.0 for 1yrs

I wouldn't want to move Muzzin but given his age and the bargain price in real money he'd probably be a good trade candidate.

Kerfoot is a no brainer with the league minimum in real money he'll have left.

Awesome!

My liking for Rielly has grown the last few years, as his game has picked up and especially his showing in the playoffs. This makes him truly lovable. What a dude!

I don’t know, he could have sat with Dubas and insisted on 9M or so. He definitely took a hometown discount and deserves a lot of credit IMO.

With Kessel's $1.2M coming off the books, it only adds $1.3M. No biggie. Just get rid of Kerfoot (long overdue).

Not to mention the $1+ mil cap increase next year.

Tap dancing will always be required but the same is true for all of the top teams (and many shit teams as well). The bigger issue is that the Leafs have not proven to be a "top team" I suppose. But they can easily afford this of course.

They have plenty of dead weight on the roster that is potentially movable. Kerfoot, Ritchie, Holl. Muzzin going to shit would suck ass but if he does you can easily move him too. But he'd of course need to be replaced or this team won't be very good.

Interesting reactions from Ritchie holl and engvall.

anyways this was a no brainer. Could you imagine heading into next year without rielly? Fuggin ugly.

very fair $$. Now give him the C

Back