• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs re-sign Morgan Rielly. 8 years/7.5M

Don't know if that includes the cap going up $1 million.

Kampf and Buntings two year deals end up being pretty huge if they hang on as legit top 9ers.

Nylander and Matthews are the next up to expire in 2024. And then Marner and Tavares in 2025.

Of those I can only see Nylander getting a decent enough raise. So there's that? Until then their percentage allocated to the top dogs will decrease as the cap rises.

At this point they've just gotta ride it out these next four years and hope they figure it out. Their flexibility will dramatically shift once the tavares contract expires. Not a bad group of talented players to bet on figuring it out as much as we mock them! They don't have much of a choice really. Trading any of them probably won't end well.

Problem is each year it gets harder as the probabilities of guys like tavares, Brodie and muzzin declining increase. They need all of them to be really good to maximize their chances. But as long as their games hold up there's no reason why they shouldn't be a clear contender. Outside of being bitch ass chokers... But they should probably get over that at some point.

Guys try to stay in the moment and enjoy each game. Fuck next year etc. We’ll handle that shit later. Enjoy the moment.

Guys try to stay in the moment and enjoy each game. Fuck next year etc. We’ll handle that shit later. Enjoy the moment.
Yes we should definitely enjoy the leafs barely beating an under-manned joke rapist organization with a horseshit team.

Tldr: look ahead because they have a clear 4 year window and beyond assuming everyone but Tavares stays longer term. With each year of being in the mix their odds increase. They will breakthrough one year the longer they stay relevant as a top tier team

the window is right now.

the team needs to take steps now, before the Matthews decision comes up and Muzzin(the only defender that scares any other team) and Tavares(ticking time bomb it appears) decline too much more.

if Matthews goes, you might as well start over.

the window is right now.

the team needs to take steps now, before the Matthews decision comes up and Muzzin(the only defender that scares any other team) and Tavares(ticking time bomb it appears) decline too much more.

Matthews won’t be leaving the 6. And if he did, we’re still good.

the window is right now.

I've never understood this. With competent management it's gonna be really hard to not have a great team when you have Nylander Matthews and Marner up front long-term.

Not to mention sandin looking like a player and potentially Liljegren too. Not to mention the extra money they'll have each and every year just from the cap going up + the Tavares contract expiring. I mean dubas casually brought in Brodie and muzzin for free pretty much just from having cap space. He can do it again, whether he brings in a 2c or another top 4 d or two depending on their needs.

You have to fuck up real good as a gm to not build a strong team with that core. I don't fully understand the anxiety about Matthews leaving either but I could be wrong about that.

Back