• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Nah. Cody Hodgson wins that by a longshot.

The most overrated prospects are always from teams with a large fanbase because they can't ever shut the fuck up about their guy.

Meanwhile, a team like Seattle has Jagger Firkus, who just won CHL player of the year, and most have never even heard of him. He's probably around the same caliber of prospect as Cowan.
And even Firkus is not a sure top 6 player

Good on Byron

It would be nice however if he is that good it would make him an elite 3rd line center. We always thought of him as that with spot duty on the second line. I still think that's where he'll land.

Good on Byron

It would be nice however if he is that good it would make him an elite 3rd line center. We always thought of him as that with spot duty on the second line. I still think that's where he'll land.
If he was drafted when Martin was the coach, he would be on the 1st line playing 20 minutes and would start every overtime.

Welcome back Francesco Dell'Else!

Nice to see we invited Alexander Zetterberg, surprised he wasn't drafted, despite being tiny.

Like the case with Europeans and players headed to the NCAA route, I'm never sure why we invite these players to development camp if we haven't drafted them. Beyond just having camp bodies.

If they stand out, great, but there's nothing we can do to keep them. We can't sign the Euros to ELCs and the players headed to college don't want to lose their eligibility by signing an ELC.

Insane that he was a top 100 prospect on virtually every list and went undrafted. If we sign him, that's like a free 4th rounder. Me likey.
We can't sign him even if we wanted to.

European prospects, or more specially, prospects who come from Europe, can't be signed to ELCs if they go undrafted. Doesn't apply to Euros in the CHL like Eriks Mateiko.

Also, even if he wasn't European, an American/Canadian in his position would be insane to sign an ELC. They'd give up NCAA eligibility and he's headed to Boston University next Fall.

The undrafted players that sign ELCs are players in the CHL.

We can't sign him even if we wanted to.

European prospects, or more specially, prospects who come from Europe, can't be signed to ELCs if they go undrafted. Doesn't apply to Euros in the CHL like Eriks Mateiko.

Also, even if he wasn't European, an American/Canadian in his position would be insane to sign an ELC. They'd give up NCAA eligibility and he's headed to Boston University next Fall.

The undrafted players that sign ELCs are players in the CHL.
Damn... So what's the purpose of bringing him to camp? Just for a closer look then potentially draft him next year?

Damn... So what's the purpose of bringing him to camp? Just for a closer look then potentially draft him next year?
Maybe. They did the same thing with Francesco Dell'Else last year. He was a guy ranked as a third rounder, ended up going undrafted. Even if we loved him, we can't sign him because he'll lose his NCAA eligibility.

I think it's to get a better look at them, or maybe as a camp body. Need to have enough players for two teams for scrimmage.

Back