• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Looking like Marty St. Louis will be the guy

I kind of like the hiring a guy from out of left field. Beats the recycling of the usual candidates-Vigneault,Therrien,Julien etc.

While it again is a case of hiring a guy management is connected with, it is in other respects a different way.The downside is minimal right now, as has been discussed.

I kind of like the hiring a guy from out of left field. Beats the recycling of the usual candidates-Vigneault,Therrien,Julien etc.

While it again is a case of hiring a guy management is connected with, it is in other respects a different way.The downside is minimal right now, as has been discussed.
Hiring someone you know is not nepotism, as some have suggested. It’s also very common across all industries.

Sure is talking like a full time vs interim head coach…

Kent let that out of the bag too...when asked about what will happen with the team's assistant coaches. "Marty will decide at the end of the year"

Marty said he will emphasize how to play without the puck because as a player you spend most of the game without it.

Marty said he will emphasize how to play without the puck because as a player you spend most of the game without it.
He's already mastered the golden rule of Habs coaches:

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play without the puck."

I'll bet Gretzky didn't play most of his games without the puck. Or Lafleur. Great players only let you have the puck when it's time for you to fish it out from the back of your net.

He's already mastered the golden rule of Habs coaches:

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play without the puck."

I'll bet Gretzky didn't play most of his games without the puck. Or Lafleur. Great players only let you have the puck when it's time for you to fish it out from the back of your net.
Actually… he did as did every other player in history of the game

Reactions: CH1
We should give him the nickname Pee Wee.

Either that or "House League".

House league St. Louis.

Having a Marty Party.

Back