• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

The one hope I have about this is that we’re only two years removed from the last Provincial election. And in theory at least, we’re still a couple of years away from the next provincial election.

So at this point, most people in Ontario probably couldn’t even name the current leaders of the Libs or NDP, don’t know anything about them and aren’t thinking about provincial politics.

Once the rubber hits the road though and an election is called, if someone manages to provide a halfway palatable alternative to Dougie, things might shift quickly. I just don’t believe that there’s overwhelming, durable, province-wide support for Doug.

He owes his success in provincial politics almost entirely to clandestinely knifing the PC leader in the back at the exact right moment to take over at the last minute and go up against an incredibly unpopular, moribund long-time incumbent Liberal party.

And then was lucky enough to go up for re-election against a new Liberal leader with deep ties to the previous unpopular government, who also had the personality of a wet paper bag and looked like a guy who’d drive a panel van past playgrounds with “free candy” written on the side.

The one hope I have about this is that we’re only two years removed from the last Provincial election. And in theory at least, we’re still a couple of years away from the next provincial election.

So at this point, most people in Ontario probably couldn’t even name the current leaders of the Libs or NDP, don’t know anything about them and aren’t thinking about provincial politics.

Once the rubber hits the road though and an election is called, if someone manages to provide a halfway palatable alternative to Dougie, things might shift quickly. I just don’t believe that there’s overwhelming, durable, province-wide support for Doug.

He owes his success in provincial politics almost entirely to clandestinely knifing the PC leader in the back at the exact right moment to take over at the last minute and go up against an incredibly unpopular, moribund long-time incumbent Liberal party.

And then was lucky enough to go up for re-election against a new Liberal leader with deep ties to the previous unpopular government, who also had the personality of a wet paper bag and looked like a guy who’d drive a panel van past playgrounds with “free candy” written on the side.
I'd wager good money an election is coming next spring. If for no other reason than Dougie is sending $200 cheques out to every eligible voter as we speak...

Can someone try and explain how the CPC plans to:

Axe the tax, build homes, re-arm the military and CUT spending?

magic-shia-labeouf.gif

I'm going to guess that it has something to do with trans people and the carbon tax

Can someone try and explain how the CPC plans to:

Axe the tax, build homes, re-arm the military and CUT spending?
It's one step removed from "You're going to see so much winning" or "I'll bring in a healthcare plan that will be amazing. You won't believe how great it will be. A lot of people are saying it may be the best ever."

Like MAGA, Pee-Pee and the Cons have no plan other than to gain power by any means available.

It's one step removed from "You're going to see so much winning" or "I'll bring in a healthcare plan that will be amazing. You won't believe how great it will be. A lot of people are saying it may be the best ever."

Like MAGA, Pee-Pee and the Cons have no plan other than to gain power by any means available.
That's how I took it... same with the "woke ideologies are ruining this country" name them, name the "woke" stuff he thinks is ruining the country... do we have an immigrant eating pets issue here?

That's how I took it... same with the "woke ideologies are ruining this country" name them, name the "woke" stuff he thinks is ruining the country... do we have an immigrant eating pets issue here?
No, but we did have an "immigrants are shitting on public beaches" outcry during the summer by some online Karen who lives near Wasaga Beach. Like in Springfield, the story proved to be a complete fabrication and zero evidence was ever found. But it played to the prejudices of the hillbillies.

Nope. Woke in Canada = treating LGBTQ people like humans with rights and shit, and thinking that natives deserve to have a seat at the table on matters that concern them

I'm already getting weekly mailers about how bad Nenshi will be as Premier. And it's the same playbook. A picture of Nenshi shaking hands with Trudeau and the unwritten caption "Riiiiiight?"
Apparently, I'm ashamed to say that a number of voters in this past BC election thought they were voting out Trudeau.:eek: Does make sense as the Conservatives chose to campaign as "Cons" vs "BC Cons" (or what any other party would normally do).

Back