• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

Some real wackjobs (a couple even got elected) in the "Con" group. I'm talking 'MAGA/Conspiracy nutty level". Rustad was a coward though claiming now that he wouldn't have taken the COVID shot (to please some of his wacko base) though he didn't have a problem taking the shot when he was a Liberal MLA (I'm speculating the easy government paycheque meant more than his scruples).

Prior to this election, all of the Cons ran under the "Liberal banner" (to give them some aura of respectability in Metro Vancouver). Now that Justin has damaged the Liberal brand by sticking too long, the BC Liberal party decided to remove any pretence they were "a Liberal party" (people largely were dumb enough to think that I'm afraid). There were *SOME* 'centerists' (and/or true Liberals) but many of them didn't cross over to the Cons.

saw rumours that Christy Clark wants to replace Justin.

while I don't know that I'm a huge Clark fan, she would at least not come with the Justin stink coating most of the current LPC...
Jim Cornette: "I wouldn't trust anything to come out of her mouth even if she had her tongue notarized". :geek:

(while he wasn't referring to her obviously; but the quote fits her imho)

while I don't know that I'm a huge Clark fan, she would at least not come with the Justin stink coating most of the current LPC...
Christy Clark isn't a Liberal. She was Premier under the BC Liberal banner, which was nothing more than the rebranded So-Creds. She's a committed fascist like the rest of them.

She's not a Liberal. She's a BC Liberal. The BC Liberals were a haven for every disgraced So-Cred and federal Tory politician. The BC United Party, as it' now called, supported the BC Cons in the provincial election. Christy Clark becoming leader of the federal Liberals would be like Boris Johnson running for the leadership of the Labour Party.

(the original tweet engaged in some classic antisemitism)

View: https://x.com/JesseBrown/status/1848559797576028620

The NDP know on which side their bread is buttered. They are a haven for the pro-Hamas cohort because unlike the other 2 main parties, they don't get much in the way of donations from Jewish or pro-Israel interests. This is why you see people like Melissa Lantsman, a Jewish lesbian from Toronto, in the CPC caucus and not in the NDP front benches. Ordinarily, she'd be an NDP poster child. She ticks all the boxes. But Melissa is a grifter who is only too happy to support the kind of people who would gladly load her into a boxcar if she can benefit personally in the short term.

so how many provincial elections have just happened / are imminent exactly?
BC just happened. so did NB.

SK is coming, but I dunno when.

and there are rumours that Houston is gonna call an early election in NS, in November. and rumours Dougie is gonna do the same in the spring.

feel like Smith and Kinew were elected fairly recently?

dunno about Legault, Furey, and whoever is in charge in PEI...

Well, at least we now know where most of the inbreds in SK live.
I left sask just after all the cons were jailed and the NDP game to power. Seems since then it has been new cons (sask party) in complete control.

So I'll believe it when I see it. Distant family member (brothers sister in law) is an MLA in Regina. I'll see if she has the scoop

Back