• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

pour-one-out-in-the-bowl-215wyetdr7d5pok2.gif

Apparently the stars performed preventive hip surgeries on a bunch of players in 2014-15 - maybe didn’t help John.

We are elite at burying old players on bad contracts.

I mean, we’ve all pretty much already forgotten that Matt Murray exists, right? At least him and Muzzin will have some company on the Island for the rest of the year.

About $14.5M worth of cap hit that they’ll just have made vanish like a fart in the wind.

This situation is odd though.

We just came out of UFA and got him for $4.1M. The presumption is there were other suitors for less than that amount that were interested in him. or we'd have paid him $1M or whatever. He played 12 games or whatever where he sucked, but it couldn't be seen as a career killer that no one else would be interested, could it? Just saying I'd be kinda surprised if there were zero takers for a trade, and that they're forcing an injury on him.

I mean, we’ve all pretty much already forgotten that Matt Murray exists, right? At least him and Muzzin will have some company on the Island for the rest of the year.

About $14.5M worth of cap hit that they’ll just have made vanish like a fart in the wind.

one of those guys still needs replacing tho.

Listening to kyper and Bourne and kilnger actually going on LTIR and not surgery, could allow him to completely rehab the hips for the remainder of the season and bring him back as the 7th or 8th defenseman for the playoffs. It's brilliant.

I still think tre goes for two dmen because he may trade Brodie back to Calgary in the deal and this would actually be a great thing for Brodie and his wife to be back with her family in Calgary where she grew up.

Reilly Tanev
Zadorov Timmins
Mcabe Lilly
Gio gets games on and off throughout the year and becomes 7th D with klinger 8th.

That's a very solid...bigger, more aggressive D core with the potential for offense from all pairs.

Throw in Nicky Bobby with Brodie, Abruzzese and Reaves for Zadorov, Tanev, and maybe see if you can get a true 3C in Blake Coleman. (Although he makes 4.9 for four more years at 31. So Lindholm would be the sexier get but one year.

Lindholm as 2C and JT on the third line

That would finally toughen us up the middle.

Weegar is the better asset, but he definitely would cost more and his salary/contract

JT to the third line is blasphemy that will not be tolerated.

(He really is having a great year 6 of his contract though)

If they do make room to call another forward back up i'm thinking it might be time to take another look at Steeves.

He was overshadowed by the younger kids at camp but he had a very strong camp in his own right, and is just dominating for the marlies so far.

24yr old AHL scoring doesn't mean a whole lot, but i'd be interested in a 65gl/105pt pace even if he was 30. And even more because he doesn't have the glaring weaknesses in size or skating that would be typical of the career AHLer type. And i guess it's useful to note that he doesn't actually turn 24 until next month.

He had a strong rookie year down there but stagnated in year 2. Seems to have levelled up here in year 3 tho.

Don't want to lose another Trevor Moore type without even giving him a real looksee. And his production is much better than Moore's was, and he's not a midget like Moore was either.

Back