• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

I'm surprised after the error of the original contracts and waiting too long Leafs repeated the mistake with a differnet GM. seems this is Shanny's thing.
He might argue Pasta's 11.3 soon if he hasn't already.

I didn't really expect him to come out of the gate like this in fairness. I thought he was what he was (a very good super elite hockey player that is a tier below M&M). He still may be that but the longer this goes on the more he can legitimately justify 11.

But still if the Leafs said 10.88 tomorrow I think he'd do it. Maybe even 10.5.

Last edited:
It doesn't actually seem like that difficult of a contract to get done.

It shouldn’t have been, but it’s likely getting more difficult by the day.

I still have every confidence it’ll get done, but it’s also undoubtedly going to cost more than if Treliving had simply met whatever Willy’s ask was in the summer. So, history repeats itself.

It would have looked bad optically if they gave him 10+ in the summer which is what he wanted when everyone here (and especially Habs fans) were telling me how much better Aho and Meier are. Not sure he would have taken less than 10 and if so it wouldn't have been by much. He was in no rush and seemingly was happy to go into the season and bet on himself to put in another PPG+ season to add to his case that he deserves 10m+.

Last edited:
Fyi Meier's at a 29gl/64pt pace with by far the worst +/- on the devils. -6.5xgfrel despite very soft zone start usage.

Ultimately the tide turned for Willy when they started giving him PP1 time. He has basically always been a PPGish+ guy if given the PP time that other stars get, and better than a guy like Meier. Though of course early this year he looks better than ever. We'll see if it continues. He did know that he'll be able to his add to resume this year by letting it play out and not subtract. Suddenly a 3rd straight PPG+ season with the outside chance for a 90-95+ points looks a lot better for Willy's case. His camp was happy to let it play out for a reason. "Either overpay me in the summer based on my current resume or I'll go ahead and earn it with my play this year."

Last edited:
That Marner contract is gonna bite us with Nylander.
Marner got 13.4% of the cap. Assuming an 87.5m cap next year the equivalent would be 11.7 during years where the cap is expected to increase rapidly. I sure hope Willy doesn't use Mitchell as a comp!

May need to start separating nerdies into 3 categories to help with the cope as we approach game 20: with kling+reavo, with 1 of reavo or klinger, with neither reavo nor klinger

Back