• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Anyway it's all moot. They're gonna get a 4m dollar bottom pair d to replace Klingberg's 4m. Because that's totally a huge need and a great use of the cash.

View: https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/status/1726021350748246227?t=Obhb67-hBZHsxj5muFD-fQ&s=19

could do worse than zadorov.

One thing about Tre is he has a pretty clear bias for dmen who can move the puck. Zadorovs the only big lug they committed to and it isn’t like he’s a boosh, polak or calves. He can move for a big guy and he has some skill.

A 28 yr old #1-2 defender is more than just a sweetener. It's not misleading at all to say he was traded for Tkachuk, I never suggested that was all Tkachuk was traded for, I know full well that everyone on this forum knows exactly what Tkachuk was traded for.
I know everybody knows but I think you’re giving too much importance to Weegar in the deal. I’m not totally convinced he’s so amazing anyway. I wouldn’t be as excited to get him as I would Lindholm.

maybe true - but tbh i don't trust these sources. these are jfresh-or-worse level stats i think.

Dom did have Hanifin as 1 net goal better than McCabe coming into the year but again that was probably all PP opportunity,

They are very different dmen. McCabes impact is mostly defensively. Dom has Hanifin’s offensive impact +4 better. It’s highly unlikely that’s all PP. Hanifins offensive impact last year was actually better than all of Brodie, McCabe, Lilly and Gio combined (5-4 if you don’t count the negative impacts of Brodie/Gio).

They’d actually probably work really well together.

Hanifin is actually gettable and would just cost the usual UFA price. He’s also the same age as Matty and Marner and would fit well into the core. He’d also bring some offense, like I hoped Klingy would’ve.

could do worse than zadorov.

One thing about Tre is he has a pretty clear bias for dmen who can move the puck. Zadorovs the only big lug they committed to and it isn’t like he’s a boosh, polak or calves. He can move for a big guy and he has some skill.
He's fine as a depth d but if they get rid of Klingberg's money it would be a shame to use it all on a bottom pair d, no matter how much better he is than boosh. Have a bit more ambition than that. Would just be nice if they're the team this year that grabs the Lindholm or the Ekholm. But yeah maybe one of those aren't traded this season... And if not then I'd still aim higher than zadorov.

LOF goes down to block a shot with 10 seconds left at the ball hockey league semifinal game, guy taking the shot tries to jump over me, knees me square in the head and topples over me. Apparently I was down but sort of responsive for around 20 minutes till medics arrived to take me to get a CT, which came out fine. But I did get myself a concussion. I can’t remember much of what happened from the impact till the medics came, but I thought it was maybe 5 minutes. Apparently even when I was up and walked to the bench, guys were talking to me and I’d give semi-replies but was completely out of it, and I don’t remember talking to anyone other than the medics. Scary stuff.

LOF goes down to block a shot with 10 seconds left at the ball hockey league semifinal game, guy taking the shot tries to jump over me, knees me square in the head and topples over me. Apparently I was down but sort of responsive for around 20 minutes till medics arrived to take me to get a CT, which came out fine. But I did get myself a concussion. I can’t remember much of what happened from the impact till the medics came, but I thought it was maybe 5 minutes. Apparently even when I was up and walked to the bench, guys were talking to me and I’d give semi-replies but was completely out of it, and I don’t remember talking to anyone other than the medics. Scary stuff.

Goddamn. He Corey Perry’d you. That’s pretty scary stuff.

My advice—don’t be an idiot like I was the last time I got concussed and just head right back into work the next day like nothing happened. Post-concussion syndrome can be a real bitch. But here’s hoping you have a quick recovery and don’t have to deal with that.

Goddamn. He Corey Perry’d you. That’s pretty scary stuff.

My advice—don’t be an idiot like I was the last time I got concussed and just head right back into work the next day like nothing happened. Post-concussion syndrome can be a real bitch. But here’s hoping you have a quick recovery and don’t have to deal with that.
I’ve literally been thinking about the Tavares hit all day since it happened. It was eerily similar. The fact that I can’t account for things that happened over around a half hour period even though I didn’t lose consciousness is insane to me.

So your advice is what, just sit at home tomorrow and avoid computers and other screens?

I’ve literally been thinking about the Tavares hit all day since it happened. It was eerily similar. The fact that I can’t account for things that happened over around a half hour period even though I didn’t lose consciousness is insane to me.

So your advice is what, just sit at home tomorrow and avoid computers and other screens?

Probably wouldn’t hurt staying home at least. And ease yourself into doing work & using screens and see how you react.

Because it’s really weird. I’ve been concussed twice in my life. The first time was a far more violent blow to the head, a longer loss of consciousness and a longer period of being disoriented and having memory gaps in the immediate aftermath of the concussion. But then after that, I was fine and the only noticeable lingering effect I had was a large bump & gash on my head.

Then I have my second less severe concussion years later. I still felt a little “off” the next day, but it didn’t seem like a big deal and I figured it was something I could just power through. But when I got to the office, I found it really hard to think and found that what would normally be basic, everyday tasks for me would take three times as long as they normally did. And within an hour and a half, the office lighting and my computer screen were absolutely screaming in my head, my eyes were blurry & sore, I was nauseous, faint and had an absolutely pounding headache.

So I went home and it basically took a little over a week before the brain fog, headaches & extreme sensitivity to light and screens mostly went away and I was a functional human being again. And it took another 2-3 weeks after that before I felt completely “normal” again.

And funny enough when I did get back to the office, I discovered that I’d completely fucked up all the small amount of “work” I’d even managed to get done that first morning I came into work after the concussion. My brain was working even less well than I thought it was at the time.

Probably wouldn’t hurt staying home at least. And ease yourself into doing work & using screens and see how you react.

Because it’s really weird. I’ve been concussed twice in my life. The first time was a far more violent blow to the head, a longer loss of consciousness and a longer period of being disoriented and having memory gaps in the immediate aftermath of the concussion. But then after that, I was fine and the only noticeable lingering effect I had was a large bump & gash on my head.

Then I have my second less severe concussion years later. I still felt a little “off” the next day, but it didn’t seem like a big deal and I figured it was something I could just power through. But when I got to the office, I found it really hard to think and found that what would normally be basic, everyday tasks for me would take three times as long as they normally did. And within an hour and a half, the office lighting and my computer screen were absolutely screaming in my head, my eyes were blurry & sore, I was nauseous, faint and had an absolutely pounding headache.

So I went home and it basically took a little over a week before the brain fog, headaches & extreme sensitivity to light and screens mostly went away and I was a functional human being again. And it took another 2-3 weeks after that before I felt completely “normal” again.

And funny enough when I did get back to the office, I discovered that I’d completely fucked up all the small amount of “work” I’d even managed to get done that first morning I came into work after the concussion. My brain was working even less well than I thought it was at the time.
Thanks. This feels like good advice for tomorrow at least.

They asked me at the hospital, did you vomit after the impact, bad headache, lose consciousness, is the light bothering you? Thankfully none of those happened. It seems like I got away with a mild one, thank heavens.

Reactions: CH1
Doctors don’t know you otherwise they’d ask “who makes your fave fast food chicken sammy?”

Back