• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

The d sucking after 3 regulars being out is a no shit sherlock thing, yeah. The biggest problem is that Tre did nothing great and Reaves/Kampf/Kling arguably killed the season. A single needle moving addition could have minimized that blow of course.

Brodie and Marner being shit this year was sorta out of his control but utilizing the Kling money on anyone half decent could have been huge. Durzi for a 2nd anyone? Anything really. A single great move would have been nice.
1707682386108.png

I like to imagine a world where Tulsky got the job and we upgraded on the original dork but instead we go back to the dark days

I think a change higher up is needed. I have no basis for thinking Keith Pelley feels that way, but it's a possibility at the moment.

The d sucking after 3 regulars being out is a no shit sherlock thing, yeah. The biggest problem is that Tre did nothing great and Reaves/Kampf/Kling arguably killed the season. A single needle moving addition could have minimized that blow of course.

Brodie and Marner being shit this year was sorta out of his control but utilizing the Kling money on anyone half decent could have been huge. Durzi for a 2nd anyone? Anything really. A single great move would have been nice.
Lotsa words here but somehow Bertuzzi wasn’t one of them.

That guy has been borderline useless all year. Xg virgin stats can go fuck themselves.

Vs Top-26 Teams: 36gms, 47pts, 107pt pace, +0.50gdiff/gm
Vs Bot-6 Teams: 14gms, 13pts, 76pt pace, -0.50gdiff/gm

(Vs Top-5 Teams: 10gms, 14pts, 115pt pace, +0.50gdiff/gm)

Vs Top-26

BOS: 39gms, 52pts, 109pt pace, +.61gdiff/gm
TOR: 36gms, 47pts, 107pt pace, +.50gdiff/gm

Vs Bot-6

BOS: 13gms, 21pts, 132pt pace, +1.39gdiff/gm
TOR: 14gms, 13pts, 76pt pace, -0.50gdiff/gm

Or with a less arbitrary-sounding cutoff point:

Vs .500+ (25 teams)

BOS: 36gms, 47pts, 107pt pace, +0.47gdiff/gm
TOR: 35gms, 45pts, 105pt pace, +0.51gdiff/gm

Vs. Sub-.500 (7 teams)

BOS: 16gms, 26pts, 133pt pace, +1.56gdiff/gm
TOR: 15gms, 15pts, 82pt pace, -0.47gdiff/gm

Do the nerd numbers say Bunting is good in Carolina btw?

Him at $4.5M for 3 years sure looks pretty good.

Bunting, Hyman, and McCann. minus Bertuzzi, Klingberg, Domi probably would've gotten us over the top. Ditch one of them to add a D, and we were truly golden.

The decisions on the depth have been so, so bad over the years.

Do the nerd numbers say Bunting is good in Carolina btw?

Him at $4.5M for 3 years sure looks pretty good.

Bunting, Hyman, and McCann. minus Bertuzzi, Klingberg, Domi probably would've gotten us over the top. Ditch one of them to add a D, and we were truly golden.

The decisions on the depth have been so, so bad over the years.
Fancy stats have him as the worst f in their top 12.

Back