• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Would really rather go after someone better.

But Tanev is definitely way way better than our usual Schenn/Boosh/Bogo pickup.

Rielly - Tanev
Brodie - Lilly
Benoit - McCabe
is pretty dang good.

Yup, if EF is right, I'm going to bet that's the Isles 3rd and conditional 5th from the Hawks that we're offering. Which would honestly restore a bit of faith in Pizza Boy if that's our offer. That's probably Tanev's actual value.

I think Conroy might be able to squeeze more out of edmonton or vancouver who are also hot after Tanev.

Tanev for cheap would be decent.

Would prefer to Go for someone better. Someone here for the long term.

Yeah, I think Hanifin is probably the play for what's likely to be out there. He's good. No great, but probably not far off the cup winning version of Pietrangelo.

Would require a bit of shuffling on the D, and ideally we'd add a righty, but whatev

Hanifin-Brodie
Rielly-Lilly
Benoit-McCabe
Timmins

Would be pretty, pretty good I think if Brodie continues to bounce back like he has the last few weeks.

Is Tanev better than Brodie?

probably not. He's always been a 2nd pair guy while Brodie has always been a top pair guy, with similar results. but he's legit top 4 quality.

he's kinda dropped off just like brodie has this year. who knows if that's permanent in either case tho.

My main requests going into the deadline are that we don’t burn any more assets acquiring ancient players or rentals that won’t be here and able to contribute for at least 2-3 more seasons.

So Chris Tanev is pretty much the perfect poster boy for the kind of player I don’t want us to acquire. Even if it’s only for a couple of middling picks.

I'd rather get a guy signed next year or one we want to keep. Tanev is 35 next year. He'll want, what, a 3 year deal?

My main requests going into the deadline are that we don’t burn any more assets acquiring ancient players or rentals that won’t be here and able to contribute for at least 2-3 more seasons.

So Chris Tanev is pretty much the perfect poster boy for the kind of player I don’t want us to acquire. Even if it’s only for a couple of middling picks.

Yeah, give me a Muzzin deal or what we were trying to do with Brodie in the Naz deal. Go get someone real gud who has term or we've touched base with and know they're good with re-upping before they hit free agency and we're good with their numbers on it.

Tre is really preserving the suspense with his refusal to do anything between the UFA signings and the trade deadline.

I hope he pleasantly surprises.

Tre is really preserving the suspense with his refusal to do anything between the UFA signings and the trade deadline.

I hope he pleasantly surprises.
I mean if he doesn’t jettison a bunch of assets for bottom line scrubs and does nothing instead, we arguably come out ahead

I mean if he doesn’t jettison a bunch of assets for bottom line scrubs and does nothing instead, we arguably come out ahead
I feel like we've got pretty good forward depth. If you have the balls to trade Bertuzzi and see if you can improve on his cap hit, go for it, but it's pretty much inconceivable that Tre would dump him and roll the dice, or that there'd be anything better out there worth getting that wouldn't cost us.

Knies Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Tavares Nylander
Robertson Domi XXXXXX
McMann Holmberg Jarnkrok
(Kampf/Gregor/Reaves)

That's pretty deep. If there's a good middle sixer available who could score, I'd look into adding in that RW spot. If not, then Holmberg up on the third line and Kampf back in Keefe's g-spot in the 4C hole is fine.

The D needs the big add though.

One Hanifin and we're cooking.

And also, they gotta Robidas Reaves before the playoffs.

This guy can't be allowed to play and sabotage us. It's a guarantee he will if he gets in the lineup.

He's the sorriest excuse for an enforcer that I've ever seen. He's legit scared to fight, and does his jousting verbally from the bench like a gentleman. Fuck off, you useless sack of shit.

Heard on the broadcast today that when St Louis won the cup they added only Michael del zotto at the deadline. And last year Florida added nothing?

I know we have issues on the back end but adding a big name could mess up the chemistry.

Holmberg and Mcmann are also showing promise of showing us that we may have what we need on the bottom six. Trade Kampf for a bigger, faster 4C

The best add for me would still be a good centre. But that probably doesn't exist. Anything to keep Kampf out in-case of injury.

Heard on the broadcast today that when St Louis won the cup they added only Michael del zotto at the deadline. And last year Florida added nothing?

I know we have issues on the back end but adding a big name could mess up the chemistry.

Holmberg and Mcmann are also showing promise of showing us that we may have what we need on the bottom six. Trade Kampf for a bigger, faster 4C
Eh, Blues were most active team offseason of 2018 and then were on such a heater at the trade deadline, it wouldn't make sense to make any big moves.
Florida did nothing because 2022 deadline was such a disaster. They gave up so many picks+Tippett for Chiarot and Giroux. They didn't have much to trade last year.

Back