• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

If all goes to crap with injuries, and it goes Woll, Samsonov and then Jones?? I would gladly swap out Jones for Murray in case of emergency.

This is happening because the matrix has determined that this is the story line of the leafs.

Funny thing is, Spector’s actual take isn’t much better:

View: https://x.com/sportsnetspec/status/1762185186538836172?s=46&t=slvKDnX1n9ri7D4jpSVVzA

…and honestly, I’m surprised that the earth didn’t collapse into a black hole when two people as dense as Simmons & Spector got together in the tweet above.

Also curious about the “less glamorous elements”. Since if we’re talking about two-way play and defensive ability, Draisaitl & McDavid would never be allowed anywhere near the Hart if that was a requirement. Whereas Matthews is one of the best in that department.

But he’s probably talking about secondary assists instead.

Matthews should be in serious consideration for the Selke on top of being far and away the best goal scorer in the league.

He's in a tier with Barkov, Danault, Kopitar, ROR among big minute centres. That's the tier when you look at a mash of defensive metrics.

If crushing in the Rocket + Top 3 in Selke doesn't equal a Hart trophy, I don't know what does. I look forward to the day people stop giving a shit about secondary apples.

Here's what the primary point scoring rate would look like

Kucherov - 76
Matthews - 68
Mackinnon - 67
Miller - 65
Pastrnak - 62
McDavid - 62
Panarin - 59
Nylander - 59

The Hart conversation would have a much smaller exit ramp for Matthews haters if they couldn't lean on secondary apples.

Back