• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Matthews should be in serious consideration for the Selke on top of being far and away the best goal scorer in the league.

He's in a tier with Barkov, Danault, Kopitar, ROR among big minute centres. That's the tier when you look at a mash of defensive metrics.

If crushing in the Rocket + Top 3 in Selke doesn't equal a Hart trophy, I don't know what does. I look forward to the day people stop giving a shit about secondary apples.

Here's what the primary point scoring rate would look like

Kucherov - 76
Matthews - 68
Mackinnon - 67
Miller - 65
Pastrnak - 62
McDavid - 62
Panarin - 59
Nylander - 59

The Hart conversation would have a much smaller exit ramp for Matthews haters if they couldn't lean on secondary apples.

I would like third assists added.

It’s funny, my initial reaction to your Murray idea was that it was insane.

And for some reason I thought Samsonov had been generally OK lately. But even though the team’s won his last six starts, he’s still rocking an .896 SV% in that stretch.

And then there’s Jones who, after his hot start, has been sub-.900 in six of his last eight starts.

Winning really does mask a lot. And we probably should pray to some imaginary deities for Woll & Murray.

The one thing we can say about Murray is that he's a big game asshole. The body is obviously failing him, but that is a dude that isn't going to blink in a game 7 and get the yips. If....if healthy, and if he can get some game action in (AHL...) before the playoffs start and he looks good in it, I'd 100% prefer him as our #2. No one should have any confidence at all in Samsonov or Jones.

I just learned the other day that my Sunday street hockey league doesn’t count secondary assists! No wonder my points total at the end of each season was lower than I thought made sense. When the ref told me, I was like what is this, the fucking Mindzeye league? He was like, we’re refs, not statisticians! He actually said that, and yet I don’t feel like much number crunching is involved in the task of counting the second pass.

I just learned the other day that my Sunday street hockey league doesn’t count secondary assists! No wonder my points total at the end of each season was lower than I thought made sense. When the ref told me, I was like what is this, the fucking Mindzeye league? He was like, we’re refs, not statisticians! He actually said that, and yet I don’t feel like much number crunching is involved in the task of counting the second pass.
As a former low-level hockey referee, I can confirm that it is much easier to accurately record first assists than second assists as a referee. In my experience at least.

There’s a guy on my team who always complains when the league credits his goals to somebody else or misses an assist. So now whenever he gets a point on the stat sheet I email the league the following day to say they got it wrong and to give the points to somebody else.

Of course you're an elite passer to the guy who passes to the guy whos scores. I get now why you're so down on Auston and his mediocre 2A scoring.

There’s a guy on my team who always complains when the league credits his goals to somebody else or misses an assist. So now whenever he gets a point on the stat sheet I email the league the following day to say they got it wrong and to give the points to somebody else.
This is just excellent.

On the surface you are being vindictive and petty, but really you are fighting the good fight.

Back