• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Truthfully, I don’t even look at the points the last couple of years in that league. One time I did, I had like 5 points or something because apparently they screwed up my number with someone else’s and gave him all my points, which made me realize how fucking stupid it was to believe anything they were doing was reliable, and also that this wasn’t the NHL. But it does annoy me that they can’t track two passes and then report it to the scorekeeper, and they do sometimes give goals to the wrong guys even. But hey, they’re not statisticians so I don’t know what I was expecting.

This is just excellent.

On the surface you are being vindictive and petty, but really you are fighting the good fight.
No vindictiveness - I don’t claim the points for myself - I’m just trying to teach the kid a lesson that he isn’t bigger than the team.

Truthfully, I don’t even look at the points the last couple of years in that league. One time I did, I had like 5 points or something because apparently they screwed up my number with someone else’s and gave him all my points, which made me realize how fucking stupid it was to believe anything they were doing was reliable, and also that this wasn’t the NHL. But it does annoy me that they can’t track two passes and then report it to the scorekeeper, and they do sometimes give goals to the wrong guys even. But hey, they’re not statisticians so I don’t know what I was expecting.
Pro tip - you can also talk to the scorekeeper.

Of course you're an elite passer to the guy who passes to the guy whos scores. I get now why you're so down on Auston's lack of 2A's.
I’m both actually. I’m maybe top 2 or top 3 in passing, so it does impact. And often the second assist is even more important than the first assist, which might not even be a pass but a shot.

No vindictiveness - I don’t claim the points for myself - I’m just trying to teach the kid a lesson that he isn’t bigger than the team.
But are you telling the kid you are doing this? or expecting him to figure something out on his own and learn said lesson?

But are you telling the kid you are doing this? or expecting him to figure something out on his own and learn said lesson?
By kid he’s like 31 but I’m one of the 2 old guys on the team so I can say that. And I’ve been doing it for a while.

I just learned the other day that my Sunday street hockey league doesn’t count secondary assists! No wonder my points total at the end of each season was lower than I thought made sense. When the ref told me, I was like what is this, the fucking Mindzeye league? He was like, we’re refs, not statisticians! He actually said that, and yet I don’t feel like much number crunching is involved in the task of counting the second pass.

Have you considered getting good so you can get real points and not fake participation points?

Whoa road hockey Adam Oates over here. Muffin shot though eh?
Great shot, sent two guys to the bench on Sunday who dared to block it. But definitely the big flaw in my game is I don’t use it enough. Always looking to make a play and it becomes predictable that I usually won’t shoot.

Back