• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

No one wants to admit that they likely missed out on a multi-year deal at 4m+ because they were greedy and was forced to sign with a bottom feeder for less money when they realized no one would pay up. In his mind it's less embarrassing to say that he chose Arizona willingly because of an investment property. I think I agree with him. I'd probably say that too to save my pride. "Yeah I love Arizona, I have property here. I totally chose them over Toronto on purpose."
eh, kinda a lose-lose for him at this point.

No one wants to admit that they likely missed out on a multi-year deal at 4m+ because they were greedy and was forced to sign with a bottom feeder for less money when they realized no one would pay up. In his mind it's less embarrassing to say that he chose Arizona willingly because of an investment property. I think I agree with him. I'd probably say that too to save my pride. "Yeah I love Arizona, I have property here. I totally chose them over Toronto on purpose."

"I would rather lose in front of 5000 fans a night than pay rent and play for a contender" is a way worse look than "I misread the market for my services but still make million of dollars to play a kids game"

But you do you.

eh, kinda a lose-lose for him at this point.

Yup. The right thing to say in his situation is nothing. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

"I let my agent handle all of that stuff man, I don't know who was really interested in me, at that time of the year you get a lot of phone calls. The coyotes were the best situation for me at this point in my career and I love it here"

Thinking out loud here, ignore me.

Brodie-Zub
McCabe-Liljegren
Rielly-Timmins

So my 2 questions would be why would Ottawa trade Zub? And why wouldn't the Leafs trade the farm for him? He's the Jake Muzzin target with more years of control.

Back