• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

I think you guys are kind of under valuing how much a club President does on the business side of the club, and how much again is required out of the guy running MLSE.

Gotta remember. MLSE is Leafs, Raptors, TFC, all associated lower pro teams and academies. Probably 6-7 arenas/stadiums/sports facilities worht 100's of millions, with one of those being a multi use facility that does concerts, events, etc when not in use by the sports teams and Maple Leaf Square. Managing all of that is a full time job.

View: https://x.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1785046830851481977

keefe1.gif

Kind of hilarious that an expansion team has more expectations from its coaching staff than we do as a "SC contender".

I think you guys are kind of under valuing how much a club President does on the business side of the club, and how much again is required out of the guy running MLSE.

Gotta remember. MLSE is Leafs, Raptors, TFC, all associated lower pro teams and academies. Probably 6-7 arenas/stadiums/sports facilities worht 100's of millions, with one of those being a multi use facility that does concerts, events, etc when not in use by the sports teams and Maple Leaf Square. Managing all of that is a full time job.

yeah...he's the CEO of a nice sized corporation...plus in the short term he's prob pretty focused on the World Cup '26

I think Pelley is still part owner of a football team in Europe

Apologies if this has been pointed out already. Keefe is the 5th longest tenured coach in the NHL. The top 3 (Cooper, Sullivan, Bednar) have all won cups. Brindamour is 4th.

Apologies if this has been pointed out already. Keefe is the 5th longest tenured coach in the NHL. The top 3 (Cooper, Sullivan, Bednar) have all won cups. Brindamour is 4th.

But we need a players coach to stroke ego's and caress these overpaid diva's when the going get tough. Keefe is perfect (sarcasm).

Every coach on this god awful teams needs to be replaced and the four core needs to be nuked. Even the ownership can see this now, can't wait till the offseason begins,

Bit unfair. There was that roll-up to win cup in 2019.

I've long believed that this is the one year that they actually have a valid excuse. It's too bad they've blown it so many times and didn't earn the benefit of the doubt. But holy shit it truly has been a disastrous string of luck.

Or so I felt, till Damian agreed with me.

Yup, we were taking control of things nicely, dictating play for the most part, and then Bertuzzi falls for the Marchand shtick again and Sammy lets in a Lalime special, and both Marchand and Boston take off from there.

That potentially altered the course of the series. The wheels fell off at that point

Honestly, the Debrusk goal that made it 2-1 was worse. Marchand steps off the boards and fires a harmless wrister. Hits Sammy in the glove and it pops out right in the crease and DeBrusk buries the rebound.

It was a complete disaster class of a game and yeah, probably the turning point of the series.

But. Organizationally, we earned it. Coming into this season with Sammy-Woll as our tandem was asking for this. Bad goaltending was baked into our team DNA for the year.

Honestly, the Debrusk goal that made it 2-1 was worse. Marchand steps off the boards and fires a harmless wrister. Hits Sammy in the glove and it pops out right in the crease and DeBrusk buries the rebound.

Then we tie it up again and Marchand picks the blocker side corner while going and looking the wrong way. (which the Bruins had been picking on all year, does this guy not read his own scouting reports?)

Seriously, Sammy looks over his glove shoulder for the puck behind him like he didn't even see it go past his blocker shoulder.

It was a complete disaster class of a game and yeah, probably the turning point of the series.
generally agree but pretty certain Marchy's goal was high glove, not blocker. but Sammy was swimming cause he lost his goal stick.

agreed on the DeBrusk one.

Back