• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

He was a very good player up until last year. I was interested in giving him a shot last year but he signed for $2 mill. And wasn't very good.

Why can't we just give Robbie and Cowan a shot. Hell little Willy too.

Knies-Matthews-Domi
McMann-Tavares-Marner
Robbie/Cowan-Willy Jr.-Holmberg-Willy
Dewar-Kampf-Krok

Or if Minten earns a shot, Holmberg can go to LW.

I wouldn't give Max Pac more than a PTO as a young guys are shit insurance policy.

Weird way to say he was elite and healthy up until busting his achilles 2.5 seasons ago.
my original comment was and remains accurate - he has not been both good and healthy in close to 5 years.

and what are you even arguing? that he's not cooked?

give him a PTO, maybe. but I'm not convinced we don't have better options available internally.

Hate seems weird.

He was elite and healthy up until busting his achilles 2.5yrs ago. We all know achilles injuries are very serious but we've all seen that players can come back from them at a very high level. He did come back last year and stayed healthy since, though obviously he wasn't near his level. Maybe he's toast but maybe he just wasn't in gameshape after having 2 full years off.

We're talking about a flyer contract here i don't see much downside.

If Klingberg signed for close to league min last year I woulda been fine with that too. Reclamation projects are fine as long as the price is right. No hate from me here, just no love either. Low risk, high upside but a low probability play.

don't think peak Klingberg was anywhere near peak Patches, or even near 33yr old Patches.
No but he was 5 years younger which I guess is one factor that drove up his price. But yes, I agree that Patches this year is a better bet than Klingberg last year, even if you gave them the same contract. But it's still not a high probability play.

DanJZa1.png

Peak Klingberg was as good, and likely better than, peak Pac.

Not that it matters at all because shit Klingberg was exponentially worse than shit Pac.

Klingberg was questionable even for a league minimum add.

View: https://x.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1675261102148534278

Dom had Patches projected at a -1off 0def / -1all slotted on the 3rd line for 14:40mpg in his Caps-Rangers playoffs preview this April.

Leafs comps from the Leafs-Bruins preview:

Patches: L3, 14:40, -1o / 0d / -1 all
Domi: L1, 15:38, +2o / -3d / -1 all
McMann: L2, 14:06, -3o / 0d / -2 all
Jarnkrok: L3, 14:42, -3o / 0d / -3 all
Knies: L4, 12:25, -5o / 0d / -6 all

Robertson wasn't on the preview. Finished the year with a 0o / -1d / -1 All rating.

Hate seems weird.

He was elite and healthy up until busting his achilles 2.5yrs ago. We all know achilles injuries are very serious but we've all seen that players can come back from them at a very high level. He did come back last year and stayed healthy since, though obviously he wasn't near his level. Maybe he's toast but maybe he just wasn't in gameshape after having 2 full years off.

We're talking about a flyer contract here i don't see much downside.
the downside is once again gifting a spot to an old guy who is not as good as our in house young'uns. aren't you the og 'play the kids' poster?

As always these moves are good from a managerial perspective but heavily rely on the coaching staff to deploy the players properly. I think we're arguing two different things here. If he sucks dick and Berube falls in love with him cuz gudpro vet then obviously that's gonna be an issue. But if he's deployed like anyone else and the best players play, then of course there's no risk.

As always these moves are good from a managerial perspective but heavily rely on the coaching staff to deploy the players properly. I think we're arguing two different things here. If he sucks dick and Berube falls in love with him cuz gudpro vet then obviously that's gonna be an issue. But if he's deployed like anyone else and the best players play, then of course there's no risk.
I'm just tired of us gifting spots to olds instead of our kids. Every year we bitch about not playing the kids. So let's learn from it! Stop signing washed olds, just play the kids.

Back