• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

trading Lilly does fix all our cap issues at least.

though we would still need to waive or trade one forward still to get down to a 23 man roster when healthy.

It doesn’t matter. Berube Holl’d him. He didn’t even give Lilly a chance in preseason when there were injuries. He’s never going to play here again.

I think they’re idiots for giving a guy who they aren’t sold on a multi year $3m contract, but I don’t think they’re idiots for trading that guy now.

Lilly has shown flashes but has been inconsistent and outside of an 8 game stretch last year, bombed when they’ve tried leaning on him.

the leafs are in here and now mode and $3m on a #6 dman is a terrible investment.

It doesn’t matter. Berube Holl’d him. He didn’t even give Lilly a chance in preseason when there were injuries. He’s never going to play here again.
To be fair - holl was good enough to play in them top 6 but at the end of the day was pretty doo doo.

#8 dman.

Their lack of aggressiveness in the offseason makes no sense. Why just keep guys like Kampf/Lilly/Krok if they aren’t in the plan?

Absolutely hilarious management. Signing him was the main reason they couldn't add another top tier d man. And now they're gonna trade him for pennies. You can tell right away, based on how he spoke about it, that Tre reluctantly signed the player and he was never actually in the plans.

Absolutely hilarious management. Signing him was the main reason they couldn't add another top tier d man. And now they're gonna trade him for pennies. You can tell right away, based on how he spoke about it, that Tre reluctantly signed the player and he was never actually in the plans.
They were worried about arb I guess but then have balls and walk if you don’t like the award. He probably doesn’t even get 3m and certainly not a second year.

I think they’re idiots for giving a guy who they aren’t sold on a multi year $3m contract, but I don’t think they’re idiots for trading that guy now.

Lilly has shown flashes but has been inconsistent and outside of an 8 game stretch last year, bombed when they’ve tried leaning on him.

the leafs are in here and now mode and $3m on a #6 dman is a terrible investment.
They signed Lilly after they hired Berube, so the entire situation makes 0 sense.

The worry is, is he really a #6 D?

You can't go into a playoff expecting him to be a top 4 d. Two years in a row now he's become completely unplayable post deadline. Not just bad, but unplayable. And the Leafs don't have the luxury of showing patience for that sort of thing. Totally get moving on from him. But that's a decision that you make in the summer. And while I think OEL is fine, that could have been a more permanent solution in a younger Matt Roy instead, if you make the decision to drop Timmy.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1728570430187.png
    1728570430187.png
    351.7 KB · Views: 1
You can't go into a playoff expecting him to be a top 4 d. Two years in a row now he's become completely unplayable post deadline. Not just bad, but unplayable. And the Leafs don't have the luxury of showing patience for that sort of thing. Totally get moving on from him. But that's a decision that you make in the summer. And while I think OEL is fine, that could have been a more permanent solution in a younger Matt Roy instead, if you make the decision to drop Timmy.
I actually think I love the oel pickup. He looks like a good fit. The benefit of the extra 3m is Roy instead of the older tanev. Or maybe the play is you purpose the kampf krok klilly 7.5 tor the 6 Roy cost

Rielly-tanev
Oel-roy
Benoit-mccabe

🍆

But in any event he’s giving Lilly all that coin after the playoffs he has was prettay pretttay prettttttttttay dumb

Lilly was just so terrible in the playoffs. Even in a sheltered bottom pair. Now that he makes $3m I don't mind losing him.

Yes there's still a chance that he blossoms but i dunno. He'll be UFA after this deal so even if he suddenly blossoms over the next two years he'll be expensive anyways.

He has some pretty fatal flaws, not a great skater, not a great passer, soft in front of the net. I don't think he's the next Forsling because those are the thing Forsling is elite at.

Back