• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Sure, if you can turn Lilly and stuff into a 2C, go ahead.

But that's probably not what's going to happen. Lilly is going to be traded for a 3rd and a C+ prospect as the cap dump to make room to keep Kampf & Jarnkrok because organizationally, we have no patience for actually developing young skill players.

A 3rd or 4th round pick is what I’m expecting pizza boy to trade Lilly for.

And likewise, I think he intends to keep Kampf & Krok. Time and again in his managerial career, he’s shown he sees no issue with 4th liners who have multi-million dollar cap hits.

I’m feeling real good about the first two games. There is so much to like.

They are playing fast, They’ve moved the puck really well. OEL, Timmens and Taney are all so good at it. Tanev is just so good all around. He kills so many forechecks and has the picking moving the other way.

They have been physical. Matthews is throwing the body andbowling over goalies. The bottom two lines forecheck hard, go straight to the net and have a lot of legit scoring ability. Robertson patches and McMann can all score 15-20 and Holmberg, Lorentz can score 10

Good goaltending???!?

The way they shit down the 3rd period agains Jersey was perfect too.

If they can keep playing like this and Matthews, Marner and Willy start scoring….

Pk becomes a bit if an issue.

Does it really?

1728694362075.png

and we added 2 guys from outside the org who both PK.

If you're running

Rielly-Tanev
OEL-McCabe

I don't think Simon Benoit is the difference between that being good or not.

It would be really nice to see Lilly kick the door in and take his job back. The kid could still easily be an important defender for us now and a top 2-3 in the not so distant future as some of what we have starts to age a bit.

Lilly sitting for Timmons is almost as baffling as Lucas Reichel being a healthy scratch for Pat Maroon and Craig Snith

Timmins is an interesting potential #4-5 can crusher though. I completely understand Berube wanting to see what he is.

This is the problem with not trusting kids, giving them opportunity to grow into and developing them properly though. We shouldn't have been waiting until he was 26 to give him an opportunity to stick in the lineup when he's been here for almost 2 years now and has regularly sat so that we could play some utter dogshit at the bottom of our blueline or run an old boy like Gio ragged because heaven forbid a 90 yr old doesn't suit up for all 82 fucking games.

We should know what Timmins is by now, but we don't because Sheldon is a useless jerkoff.

None of us are too familiar with Berube as a coach yet, so maybe there is room to be hopeful about Lilly still.

Might not be outside of the realm of possibility that Berube just figures that Lilly had a shitty camp & pre-season (which he did), and that sitting for a bit to start the year is a kick in the pants he needs.

Does seem like he had a similar idea in mind sitting out McMann for the first game.

Back