• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

friday-movie-compensation-claim.gif

I kid, I kid. Hopefully the guy can get healthy and give us a run of games. Though I think Stolarz is in the process of stealing the job the media gave him last year.

Even Strength

Rielly: 17:52 (-4.2dzs%), 54.2xgf% (-10.3rel)
OEL: 17:51 (+1.4dzs%), 70.5xgf% (+6.5rel)

McCabe: 17:08 (+2.9dzs%), 67.6xgf% (+5.3rel)
Tanev: 14:41 (+0.0dzs%), 69.6xgf% (+5.8rel)

Timmins: 12:35 (+7.0dzs%), 53.0xgf% (-9.5rel)
Benoit: 11:49 (+10.7dzs%), 68.7xgf% (+2.7rel)

Penalty Kill

Tanev: 4:48, 7.79xga/60
McCabe: 4:25, 7.53xga/60

Timmins: 2:29, 12.29xga/60
Benoit: 2:25, 11.92xga/60

OEL: 1:19, 2.29xga/60
Rielly: 0:29, 0.00xga/60

Rielly + Liljegren for...... ?

Mo has a NMC, so it would have to be somewhere he was willing to go. Wife is from Southern Ontario and they just had their little one, I don't see it. Maybe in a year or two he would go to a premium market contender or maybe finish up his career in Vancouver (or Seattle?).

Seriously though, on a philosophical level we should be really cautious about moves that can potentially shatter whatever counts as a window here. I cautioned the same when Karlsson was brought up before he got moved to Pittsburgh. 11 million with term on an old defender is fucking risky because if it turns out to be a mistake, there's probably no way to rectify it. You're just stuck with it regardless of it's negative impacts on your play. Moves like Tanev or OEL can be managed if they turn into pumpkins, but 11 millie on Doughty...you're fucked.

If we're moving on from guys like Mo or Lilly, fine. But we should be looking to either be age neutral while shedding some capspace or get younger and shed some capspace. Not move in the opposite direction by getting older, more expensive and more cap locked.

3yrs of Doughty seems similarly safe as 6yrs of Mo.

11 million at 88-90 million dollar caps attached to a guy who has always been a bit of a cunt and even if he sucks almost definitely won't fall on his sword for the organization and take a ticket to Robidas island is riskier than 7.5 million at 95-100 million dollar caps attached to an organization guy who will very likely accept a lounge chair on Robidas Island if it comes to that.

Last edited:
Back