• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

We’ve got a Mon/Tues back-to-back coming up this week, as well as five games in seven nights overall from Saturday-to-Saturday.

Would really like to see someone other than Stolarz get into at least two of those games, whether it’s Woll coming back or Hildeby getting back in.

As good as Stolarz has been, he has an NHL career high of 28 starts and has only cracked the 40-game mark once at any level. So I don’t see the sense in playing him until the wheels fall off when we have multiple other viable goalies in the organization.

And if both Stolarz & Woll are ever both healthy for any big stretch, they should just embrace a steady rotation.

yeah stolarz probably gets tommorrow no matter what. Woll will need more than once practice.

the next two are an interesting call tho - would be nice to have Woll start against Tampa, and then Stolarz the next night with 2 days rest. But maybe they'd rather woll get his first start in against the blue jackets than the bolts.

I'm hoping for a pretty strict rotation too....and I'd start Woll against tampa to start that rotation. no need to ease him in.

MON-TUE is our 2nd and last back to back of october, but there's 3 more in the first half of november, then 4 more in december. It eases up after that with only one in january, then 2 in feb, and 2 in early march.....before closing with a flurry of 3 back to back in the last 10gms.

He clearly loves Holmberg and wants him in the top 9 but imo he's an easy fit on that 4th line instead of reaves and he hasn't been great so far overall anyways.

Hard to know how much of these decisions is about showcasing tho.

Man options are still wide open.

Brad could decide to just ditch one of Lilly/Kampf/Krok to squeeze under the cap.

Or he could be trying to make a massive move involving 2-3 of those guys plus Robby plus holmberg plus prospects to land an impact player.

Man options are still wide open.

Brad could decide to just ditch one of Lilly/Kampf/Krok to squeeze under the cap.

Or he could be trying to make a massive move involving 2-3 of those guys plus Robby plus holmberg plus prospects to land an impact player.
Apparently there were a lot of scouts at the habs/kings game.

The only thing I'd like from LA would be Daneault... so I could see them trade Lilly, Krok or Kampf and maybe have to add a Holmberg.

adding them:

Matthews 3.09
Marner 3.06
Knies 3.17

Holmberg 1.01
McMann 1.62
Robertson 1.16

Kampf 0.41
Lorentz 0.64
Pacioretty 0.51

Tavares -0.37
Nylander 0.54
Domi 0.32

Reaves -0.31

McCabe 2.05
OEL 2.00

Tanev 1.40
Rielly 1.14

Benoit 0.78
Timmins 0.65

The fact that Lilly’s one-and-done in terms of getting into the lineup only bolsters the theory that they were explicitly showcasing him to the Kings, IMO.

Back