• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

UnwchBU.jpg

Found a source for Doms model. That D is 99th percentile.

like i could just pace those out no problem but i wonder if it has any multi-year data built in at all or if it would just be pacing out the tiny sample from this season so far like pacing out current season points would be.

I mean he has a what, 3-game sample size where he has looked good?

the tools are and have always been there. but that's not really the question with him...
I’m not opposed to moving him for a good piece like Weegar but this sentiment seems a bit impatient to me. Especially looking at his nerdies for what his xgf% based on who his centres have been.

I’m not opposed to moving him for a good piece like Weegar but this sentiment seems a bit impatient to me. Especially looking at his nerdies for what his xgf% based on who his centres have been.
yeah I'll admit to impatience. I'd prefer folks who can contribute right away to folks who may contribute down the road. and in my mind the jury is still out on Knies.

he looked fantastic in the playoffs. he looked fantastic in preseason. he has not looked very good so far this season.

but hey, if he turns it around and shuts me up, great.

I'm not advocating for dumping him. Or even necessarily trading him. Just saying, if it takes him to get a #1D, sign me the fuck up.

yeah I'll admit to impatience. I'd prefer folks who can contribute right away to folks who may contribute down the road. and in my mind the jury is still out on Knies.

he looked fantastic in the playoffs. he looked fantastic in preseason. he has not looked very good so far this season.

I'm not advocating for dumping him. Or even necessarily trading him. Just saying, if it takes him to get a #1D, sign me the fuck up.
and I'll add to this that I see a top-pairing d-man as our #1 need, rather than a (top/) middle six winger.

I would do Knies as the centrepiece for Weegar, but I don't know how much more of real value I would want to give up on top of that and I'm not sure something like Knies + 1st + Salary Filler gets it done. I think there's a bunch of teams that would be interested and could match or beat that.

The thought of giving up Knies in a package for anyone makes me a bit queasy. Especially when Ekholm, while older than Weegar, barely cost the Oilers anything. I don't think I go there largely because I don't think you need to go there.

UnwchBU.jpg

Found a source for Doms model. That D is 99th percentile.

I pro-rated those current-year numbers to 82gms. On the right side of this chart. The left side is the preseason projections.

wasn't sure what to do with the goalies so i just projected their averages over 41gms each.

####.png

The thought of giving up Knies in a package for anyone makes me a bit queasy. Especially when Ekholm, while older than Weegar, barely cost the Oilers anything. I don't think I go there largely because I don't think you need to go there.

Yeah....but Ekholm is like 3.5 years older than Weegar is and Ek was in the middle of a down season by his standards and was just old enough to think that maybe he was washed.

Also, a 1st & a 4th isn't "barely anything" in return for a 33 yr old defender.

Yeah....but Ekholm is like 3.5 years older than Weegar is and Ek was in the middle of a down season by his standards and was just old enough to think that maybe he was washed.

Also, a 1st & a 4th isn't "barely anything" in return for a 33 yr old defender.
Add Niemela to that package and then we're maybe talking. They have a lot of prospects they can use as currency, I'd avoid trading their best one. Muzzin had a similar pedigree as Weegar and was probably on a better, safer contract than him and yes, while they traded Durzi he was really mostly thought of as a throw-in. He wasn't the main guy the Kings thought they were getting back. Niemela and a 1st as a starting point and that's already a better package than the Ekholm one.

Looking forward to seeing him away from Kampf again.

I pro-rated those current-year numbers to 82gms. On the right side of this chart. The left side is the preseason projections.

wasn't sure what to do with the goalies so i just projected their averages over 41gms each.

I mean small sample size and everything, but there is legit 5 guys there who should never play another NHL game.

Except to start OT obviously.

Back