• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

The Reaves signing was shit, we all knew it and we all dreaded it after the rumor started, but he obviously wanted to add some muscle and badly misunderstood just how negative an impact he would have. It could also be that Tre didn't expect Keefe to actually play him every game, but to save him for certain games where some muscle might be needed. Whatever, $200k net impact if they just send him down.

As for the rest, everybody was excited about Bertuzzi. Nobody expected he would be this slow out of the gate. He was playing injured, so it's premature to call it a bad signing right now. Especially since Knies has emerged to be exactly what we hoped Bertuzzi would be and now Bertuzzi can actually play a lesser role.

Domi was questionable from the start, but not a terrible gamble for $3M. He seems to be doing better the last little bit with a more defined role, so whatever. He still sucks, but for the third line he should be okay.

Klingy has probably turned out way worse than anyone could've guessed. His numbers were bad, but there was a reasonable hope that he could be good with a good team around him. Not so much. Obviously a problem that needs to be addressed when Lilly, McCabe and Timmins are all healthy.

All in all, I don't think these signings make Tre a moron. The Reaves one was dumb, but the other three should've all been good, and two of the three probably will provide their money's worth, while Klinger likely has to go.

I'd use the zillion dollars of cap space we have coming free to just sign an awesome D (or trade for one at the deadline) than to trade a superstar for one. No thanks on that idea.

Back