• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

I'll admit, I took a little lookie down the amulet rabbit-hole. The company that makes the amulets is offering shares to athletes willing to be ambassadors. So they likely get the product for free and I'm guessing something like 1,000,000 restricted/non-voting shares in the company and are asked to link to the company on their socials and websites (in the Tavares write-up they mention his foundation).

So I'm guessing this may be the work of whoever is running his foundation.

The shares trade OTC in Canada, and were worth 0.28 yesterday, so if the product catches on in any kind of viral way it could create some value.

Basically a no risk venture, aside from the ribbing.

There is something real about the red light therapy stuff. My foot got chopped hard a few times over a short period at hockey and the side was inflamed and hurting to the point where I couldn’t put much weight on it. I went to the podiatrist and he used one of these red light gadgets for maybe one minute, which is hot to the point of burning, and it was maybe 75% better right then and totally better the next day. I laughed at him when he brought the gadget out, but it clearly works.

There is something real about the red light therapy stuff. My foot got chopped hard a few times over a short period at hockey and the side was inflamed and hurting to the point where I couldn’t put much weight on it. I went to the podiatrist and he used one of these red light gadgets for maybe one minute, which is hot to the point of burning, and it was maybe 75% better right then and totally better the next day. I laughed at him when he brought the gadget out, but it clearly works.
And the amulet?

Okay, so out of morbid curiosity, I perused the website of the red flashlight company Johnny C-minus is hawking.

This company sells a bank of red LED lights on a stand for the low, low price of $8,000 (as pictured in their topless promotional picture of Tavares). Or you can get that sweet hand-held red flashlight he’s using in the other two pictures for the bargain price of $550.00.

According to their promotional materials, shining a red flashlight on yourself apparently helps you sleep better, fuck better, heal better, makes you smarter, treats hair loss and improves your mental health.

Of all the subjects that would cause your return, i did not see it being this

An attempt to compare "offensive depth" across "top offensive / contender" teams.

Using average of 5v5 p1/60 and p/60 over this year and last year.

There's an average under each "line" or "pairing". They're ranked against each other and color coded with bluer = better and redder = worse. (11 teams = 5 grades of blue + 1 neutral + 5 grades of red).

Some high number guys with very limited games played (like timmins) were left amongst the extras.

I've tried to eyeball them in order from best to worst left to right but that's just an eyeball.

Screenshot 2024-10-17 183735.png

caveat here is that Berube has to actually play that depth, and not choose to play a Lorentz-Kampf-Reaves line every game.

Last edited:
man people are really milking this berube time out yelling thing eh.

(keefe also called timeouts and yelled at his team btw)

4gms in:

'25: 3-1-0, 3rw, +7
'24: 2-2-0, 1rw, -2
'23: 2-2-0, 2rw, -1
'22: 2-1-0, 2rw, +1
'21: 3-1-0, 2rw, +2
'20: 2-1-1, 2rw, +4
'19: 3-1-0, 1rw, +3
'18: 3-1-0, 2rw, +6
'17: 1-1-2, 1rw, +0

Back