• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

Ok…so what do you do if Mitch won’t waive his NMC, and your only two options are to let him walk as a UFA, or re-sign him to an extension at the $12-13M AAV he’ll almost certainly be demanding.

Do you sign him to that deal, then?
Let him walk. You're never winning a god damn thing with that baby.

I’d be ok trading Marner. But it has to make your team better. Basically you need a stud #1 D and find a way to get a top 6 winger for the same money. Like when Boston traded Thornton for nothing they used the cap space on Chara and Savard.

Tavares has to go. Can’t spend $11 mill on this. You can sign Roy or skjei and get an actual center and still have money left over.
Trading Marner for literally anything makes your team better. He's not a winner. He has no interest in putting out the required effort to be an effective playoff performer. If you can't bring it in the playoffs then I don't give a shit what your regular season totals are. You are useless. Anyone can score in the regular season. The regular season is meaningless. This is the time where a player earns his money or doesn't.

Get rid of him. He's a cancer.

Resign him. Letting him go for the sake of it doesn’t help.

Or you let him go and sign McDavid.
The sake of what? The sake of your entire team's chemistry? I don't care how talented Marner is (in the regular season because he's shit in the playoffs) he is a cancer and a progress-stopper. You can not and will not ever win with this guy, especially not when his salary is 8 figures. Cut your losses and dump his ass. Try and trade him and, if you can't, let him walk and become some other team's problem. Because wherever he ends up he will instantly become "the problem".

is 50% retained an option for moving JT in the off season? What's the expected cap next season?

is 50% retained an option for moving JT in the off season? What's the expected cap next season?

$87.7

the key to moving Tavares is that he only makes $910k after Jul1. trick is finding the sweet spot of a team with capspace, that cares a lot about saving real money, that Tavares is willing to go to.

$87.7

the key to moving Tavares is that he only makes $910k after Jul1. trick is finding the sweet spot of a team with capspace, that cares a lot about saving real money, that Tavares is willing to go to.
Everyone knows what the actual tricky part about this is.

Requires Tre to be a huge asshole about it, and i dont think he has that in him

Back